KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

New Jersey Transit Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

Employee Referral14%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Jersey Transit

New Jersey Transit

Application

I interviewed at New Jersey Transit

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel which included HR and the department I would potentially work for. Duties of the position were clearly defined. Interview was conducted in an orderly fashion.

Interview Questions
  • Present a case study from your former employer.
    Answer Question

New Jersey Transit

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit in Feb 2022

Interview

The interview wasn’t too difficult, three workers were on the video call. The questions were mainly based on asking about past experiences and knowledge of specific software, including Microsoft excel.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New Jersey Transit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit

Interview

it wasnt really a interview i think because of the need of operators that part was skipped and it was moreso the company telling me about them and what they expect like a pre orientation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New Jersey Transit

Application

I interviewed at New Jersey Transit

Interview

HR call first to review your background and set up screen interview use Microsoft Teams meeting with three interviewer, one manager and two director. But I didn't hear back anything after interview.

Interview Questions
  • They have some excel and general accounting questions you need to do in the screen when interview.

New Jersey Transit

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit in Aug 2021

Interview

There are multiple interviewers but one of them is was closed off as if he already had a vendetta against before asking me a question.Overall it was not a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with SQL and can you tell me a line of SQL?

New Jersey Transit

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit in Aug 2021

Interview

I did a "video" interview with HR that was scheduled to last 30 mins. The HR recruiter was 13 minutes late for the interview. Didn't apologize, just mentioned he had was going over new requirements that came in. It certainly didn't sound urgent to me to keep me waiting for 13 minutes with no email or text message saying he was running late. He didn't extend the allocated time in the interview schedule or request a reschedule. So the entire interview only lasted 17 minutes when it should have been 30 minutes. He insisted I turn on my video webcam, but he never turned on his. So I am being interviewed where he can see and hear me, but I can't see him. So far my impression is that this is a rude and unprofessional environment and cares nothing for the employees. Since I can't see him I'm unable to determine how he is reacting when we talked which is the point of the video interview. He said next month, they are returning to the office 5 days a week, which makes no sense for this position. He wasn't technical, so he couldn't offer useful specifics about the job. So I couldn't imagine what I would be doing in the role on a daily basis or what they are looking for in terms of skills or experiences. This whole experience left me with a negative impression of NJ Transit and I won't be applying for any other positions there. It turns out, their office where I would have reported to work 5 days a week isn't located in an area I would feel safe walking around especially at night. There is no reason this position has to be onsite to begin with, it could easily be done working remotely. Why they want people there 5 days a week is outdated and absurd.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Newark, NJ) in Jun 2021

Interview

Series of mandatory meetings that had to be attended before being selected for interview. Interview process was done by a panel. Questions leaned heavily towards interacting with customers, schedule flexibility...etc

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Newark, NJ) in May 2021

Interview

They will ask about yourself first then after they are going to start asking more technical questions. Some of the questions can be very tricky but if you know things about security you should be fine.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Newark, NJ) in Apr 2021

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a phone screening. They asked typical screening questions. The entire thing took three weeks to hear back from the company. They decided not to move forward, so I didn't move on to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • "why do you want to work here?", "what kind of work environment do you prefer?" "How does your experience align with this roles?"

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Newark, NJ)

Interview

The interview process was very easy and short. I was informed about the pay rate and benefits. I also took a math and reading test which I passed. Next step is coming in to fill out all of the hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews

New Jersey Transit Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at New Jersey Transit as 57.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.95 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Assistant Conductor and Supervisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Manager and Bus Operator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at New Jersey Transit takes an average of 64 days when considering 43 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Civil Engineering Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Bus Operator roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 76 days).

Common stages of the interview process at New Jersey Transit according to 43 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 18.58%