New Jersey Transit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Jersey Transit Interview Questions

3.4

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit.

Interview

SAR-situation, action, result. It is not that much to tell. Just a regular interview. That is the type of question they ask for all interviews. So? Prepare for the job and be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Maplewood, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Mid October 2016: Mailed an envelope with an application to NJ Transit.

November 1, 2016: Received an envelope in the mail for an invitation to take the test at their Newark site.

Mid November 2016: Took the test.

End of November 2016: Received an envelope in the mail saying that I passed the test.

Beginning of December 2016: Received a phone call for an interview in a week.

Mid December 2016: Interview, offered job. Have to get a background check, physical and fingerprints. The HR personal and medical staff are very nice at Maplewood, NJ.

End of December 2016: Classes start.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle disruptive passengers on the bus?   1 Answer

Bus Operator Interview

Interview

depends on your level of experience, but will hire you with a c.d.l. and train you for your license while paying you. for example ... If you have never driven a bus you will most likely have to take a multiple choice personality test, then get a call saying you passed that and be pulled in for an interview. but if you have over 2-3 years experience you may be overlooked on the test and go straight to the interview.

Negotiation

no negotiation phase, but they did give me a choice of which base i would operate my bus from.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit in August 2014.

Interview

The time that it takes to get into the testing stage definitely varies, but the best part of the process is the interview. It was very non intimidating and they were detailed and job specific about the position. So know what you are getting yourself into.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a train was delayed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Springfield, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty simple and included the head of the Bus Revenue department interviewing me, asking me about my past experience. Since it was only an internship past experienced was not the most important thing.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience?
      Experience in finance and accounting?
      What do you want to do in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Maplewood, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was simple. I took a multiple choice test. After passing they call you in for an interview and ask you the normal questions. Tell about yourself, why do you want to work here, do you have a fear of driving through tunnels etc,.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit.

Interview

Quick and efficient. It was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• No one in particular but panel interviews can be difficult as one person seems friendly and another, or two, can seem completely uninterested in you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple and easy. Very detailed.

Facilities Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Newark, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process is fairly easy. It is a panel of who take turns asking questions. These questions are situational question and also question pertaining to your experience and the jon description. There were no difficult questions yo answer in my opinion. The interview lasted about an hour

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit in June 2010.

Interview

All interviews vary by position and hiring manager at the time. Majority of interviews will be panel interviews with as many as 20 questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have experience in the field then no question will be difficult or unexpected. All questions will be related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation doesn't really happen. There is a set guideline.

Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at New Jersey Transit (Newark, NJ) in October 2009.

Interview

Panel interview with at least three members of the department for which you are interviewing.
    Interview questions are always behavioral like "name a time when...what did you do?"

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a problem with a coworker..   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.