New Oriental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Oriental Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Toefl Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Oriental (New York, NY).

Interview

Self introduction and several trial lectures. Give lectures in front of employers and other candidates and get suggestions and criticism from them. Simulated lectures needed every week or at least two times a month for employers to evaluate your teaching skills.

English Teacher Interview

Interview

4interviews with HR first; demo class with senior teachers in a group, long individual demo class with department leader ; individual demo class with school manager. Need to teach in English towards many senior teachers. Demo class need to prepare on ur own PC then use projector. No pupils involved but still need to be really active on demo class.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

the first round interview did with supervisor and manager, they asked about the resume, the education background, and the experiences. it took around 30 minutes. then they call me to assign an assignment on doing research on the market.

VIP TOEFL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

The interview involves a written test in a room with other candidates, and you will proceed to the next stage after your results. The test was fairly easy, with a focus more on high school grammar and reading. There will be a 15min lecture on a topic of your selection in the TOEFL test.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when students seem disengaged in the class?   Answer Question

Financial Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wuhan, Hubei (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Oriental (Wuhan, Hubei (China)) in July 2015.

Interview

all the interns who wants this job gathering around sit at the table as a group and start interview one by one by the head of the officer, she/he reads your resume and asking few questions and made decision immediately, if you were asked and get/not get the job, you can go.

Interview Questions

• what makes you think you can do this job right?   1 Answer

Foreign Teachers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chongqing, Chongqing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Oriental (Chongqing, Chongqing (China)) in June 2015.

Interview

Teachers go through several steps. First there is a general orientation, in which both parties discuss their expectations and an introduction of the company, department and work process is given. Then there is a demo session, in which the teacher's style and methods are assessed. Finally, a compensation and other benefits package is discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests and would you be able to use them to contribute to your work? How?   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2014.

Interview

A very long process to go through from the start to offer, and you may need to pass several rounds. Generally the process includes a group interview, two to three rounds of single interview, paper-based questions and sometimes a lesson plan demonstration. It's a stressing and comparatively long process, but that's worth it when you look back, as you will realize that those experiences will help you when teaching.

TOEFL Speaking Instrcutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kunming (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Oriental (Kunming (China)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews, the first round is by Human Resource, the second round is by HR plus school leader, and the last round is by department head.

Interview Questions

• Teach one specific thing, for example, how to answer question 1 in TOEFL Speaking?   Answer Question

Marketing Trainee Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview Process is easy-going.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fangshan, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New Oriental (Fangshan, Beijing (China)) in October 2012.

Interview

we contacted through QQ. I made a 15 minutes ppt about a section of toefl exam. and i presented it on the QQ. After presentation, the interviewer asked me some questions about living in Beijing and my return time. and What the most difficult part in the toefl reading test.