New Oriental Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Oriental Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

3.1

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chongqing, Chongqing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Oriental (Chongqing, Chongqing (China)) in May 2013.

Interview

A demo for 15min. Then several questions will be asked about the demo and about the resume. Then you will wait for the result. If you pass, you need to demo for more times until the demo can be presented to the principal of the school. It many take 1-2 months.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

the first round interview did with supervisor and manager, they asked about the resume, the education background, and the experiences. it took around 30 minutes. then they call me to assign an assignment on doing research on the market.

TOEFL Speaking Instrcutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kunming (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Oriental (Kunming (China)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews, the first round is by Human Resource, the second round is by HR plus school leader, and the last round is by department head.

Interview Questions

• Teach one specific thing, for example, how to answer question 1 in TOEFL Speaking?   Answer Question

Foreign Teachers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chongqing, Chongqing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Oriental (Chongqing, Chongqing (China)) in June 2015.

Interview

Teachers go through several steps. First there is a general orientation, in which both parties discuss their expectations and an introduction of the company, department and work process is given. Then there is a demo session, in which the teacher's style and methods are assessed. Finally, a compensation and other benefits package is discussed.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests and would you be able to use them to contribute to your work? How?   1 Answer

Toefl Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Oriental (New York, NY).

Interview

Self introduction and several trial lectures. Give lectures in front of employers and other candidates and get suggestions and criticism from them. Simulated lectures needed every week or at least two times a month for employers to evaluate your teaching skills.

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Changsha, Hunan (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Oriental (Changsha, Hunan (China)) in March 2012.

Interview

The president of the school talked with me, asked me some questions about my education experiences and past teaching experience. He also asked me to demonstrate a lesson in front of him.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2014.

Interview

A very long process to go through from the start to offer, and you may need to pass several rounds. Generally the process includes a group interview, two to three rounds of single interview, paper-based questions and sometimes a lesson plan demonstration. It's a stressing and comparatively long process, but that's worth it when you look back, as you will realize that those experiences will help you when teaching.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dalian, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Oriental (Dalian, Liaoning (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

It felt awful to me at that time. But later on whenever I think of it, I feel grateful that I had interview with them and finally got the job. There were countless rounds of interview which let interviewee gives lectures in front of all other professional lecturers. Nervous, stressful and feeling really stupid at a time. There were a lot of harsh comments from those professional lecturers which really hurt one's feeling.

Financial Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wuhan, Hubei (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Oriental (Wuhan, Hubei (China)) in July 2015.

Interview

all the interns who wants this job gathering around sit at the table as a group and start interview one by one by the head of the officer, she/he reads your resume and asking few questions and made decision immediately, if you were asked and get/not get the job, you can go.

Interview Questions

• what makes you think you can do this job right?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wuhan, Hubei (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Oriental (Wuhan, Hubei (China)) in January 2011.

Interview

1. submit the application for review, two weeks later get the phone interview
    2.phone interview, 15min talks with the hiring manger
    3.on site interview, 30 min talks with the hiring manger
    4.group interview, 2hours group interview

Interview Questions

• what is your hobby
      how you will deal with the situation in the class   Answer Question