New Relic Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview scheduled....abruptly canceled24 hours before schulded call. Recuiter apologized for confusion, stated team had changed their mind about what they were looking for? Bizarre and rambling email did not clarify or justify.

Interview Questions

• No contact with a actual person. Only contact was through email.   1 Answer

Vice President, Customer Success - Key Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

In Summary: Under-impressive and slow.
    The recruiter was unorganized, unresponsive, and set expectations about next steps that were not followed through. After a multi-week silence, my internal referral had to inquire directly to receive a "Thanks but no Thanks" message.

Interview Questions

• General experience pertinent to engaging with Enterprise customers   Answer Question

Enterprise Sales Interview

Application

Interview

They are very responsive if you have experience in the APM market. Is was fairly quick and coordinated well. I give praise to the HR folks for staying on top of the process for as many people they want to hire. Unfortunately as the process evolved their was a sense of something being hidden like a cultural flaw that they did not want revealed. I got the impression that the job is incredibly robotic. Heavy use of SFDC leads to less personal collaboration and human intervention which is usually done in SAAS companies to get rid of people quickly. I felt friction in the sales community and felt a sense of phoniness with the sales team. Unfortunately this company may be great on the technical side of the house but not the sales side.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a sales process front to end.   1 Answer

Strategy Consultant, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Call with HR. Call with Hiring Manager. Call with employee on another team who you would work closely with. Onsite with Hiring Managers Boss, Hiring Mangers Colleague and Hiring Manager. HR came along for the ride reaching out regularly. Explaining to me that he was my "Agent" as though I was a athlete. HR tried to get very personal, knowing I was interviewing at more then one place, wanted to know where New Relic was on my "list". HR sent me their benefits and wanted to talk hard numbers before the onsite, as he didn't want to negotiate after the fact. HR wanted to speak to me in transit to the onsite. HR advised me the role was "mine to lose". HR wanted to have a call right after the onsite, and hoped to speak to me the next day to discuss offer. Then the ghosting began. It wasn't clear dodging me, rather, give me a call but I am out of pocket all day, now I am traveling and the timezones are tough but send me times when you can speak. That was the last message I got before the HR co-ordinator sent me their general decline email. This isn't unlike others who have mentioned similar antics. Glad I got to see it before joining the org.

** STAY AWAY**

Interview Questions

• General behavior. Create a solution for CDN's. Array questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The corporate recruiter and hiring admins were very friendly and professional. They kept me informed of updates and even provided useful tips for their interview process. Although I didn't get the job it left a very good impression of the company and the people they hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and work here?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter
    Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    Recruiter was very slow with communication and I had to follow up multiple times after each interview. Terribly inefficient communication, and pretty much the worst recruiters I have worked with.

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, in person with 2 sales managers, presentation to managers, directors, and VP. It was the most efficient recruiting process I've ever been a part of. Desmond the recruiter followed up promptly and stuck to a timeline. Each next step was scheduled the day after with instructions to prepare me

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your sales process, why New Relic, why are you looking.   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

After a phone screening and a take-home assignment, I was flown down to San Francisco for an in-person interview.

The overall interview process was led by Vicente Reig Rincón, the engineering manager for the team and Ben Gahlsdorf, the recruiting lead. Both had a great attitude and a love for their company that bolstered my confidence that taking the position was the right choice.

I had a group interview with the team I'd be working with followed by 1:1 interviews with several of the team members. Each of these interviews consisted of a brief introduction, a small white-board technical question, and some time to ask any questions about the company or their position. I interviewed with 6 separate people total in the span of one day.

Overall, New Relic's mind-blowing work space, their professionalism, and their office culture left me very impressed and with a lot of respect for the company. I ended up taking their offer and I look forward to making a good impression on them as well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Take home assignment that consisted of converting a mock to a web page using React/Node/CSS
      2. Various 1:1 interview technical questions including a UX challenge, a React.js challenge, and a CSS challenge. All under 20 minutes.   Answer Question

Director of Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Thirty minute phone screen, followed by five onsite interviews at thirty minutes each, which reduced to three on the day because two people were either on leave or unavailable at short notice. One of the two makeup interviews was held over Skype the following day. Verbal confirmation was made by more than one employee about next steps, however no one ever followed up to advise whether I was still a candidate, declined or if the role was filled. Subsequent emails to the VP People and the recruiter managing the role were ignored. Extremely poor candidate experience and six weeks later they still haven't replied to me.

Interview Questions

• The company is very focused on Diversity and Inclusion, and during the interview I was asked to share my opinion on this topic (without a specific question per se).   Answer Question

People/Talent Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at New Relic (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process was very long and clunky, it took four months and there has actually been no closure from New Relic. Interviewed on-site four times and with 15 people across the organization, including multiple VP's, the CFO and CIO. Interviewers along the process were not prepared and uninformed, there was a lack of ownership and leadership. I was directly asked by an interviewer what job I was interviewing for and if I had a copy of my resume, this was after multiple on-site interviews.

The process really made me question the organizations transparency and integrity. I would encourage New Relic to consider the level of respect and empathy displayed to their candidates, overall professionalism is lacking in their candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical People/HR questions. I was surprised by the "tell me about a time when..." approach for a leadership role. I would have expected more strategic and philosophical dialog for such a position.   Answer Question