New York City DOITT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City DOITT Interview Questions

Interviews at New York City DOITT

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City DOITT (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

There is often a few people present asking questions. If selected, a pre-offer will be given. Initial paperwork will be filled out. HR will call the candidate in to collect a mound of paperwork. The paperwork will then be scrutiinized. It can take 2-5 months from pre-offer to hire depending on the type of mechanism that the job posting uses. There's a fee that must be paid by the candidate for a security background check. If the candidate needs to travel to the interview, the City does not reimburse for travel.

Interview Questions

• It was over ten years ago, so I don't remember. However, now there are standard structured questions. Needing to understand and describe the project and systems life cycle is mandatory. Soft skill communications are being gauged given that it's a client facing job. Expect to be able to describe technology tools used on past projects.   1 Answer

Integration Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York City DOITT (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online and couple of days got an interview via email for the following week. It was later rescheduled for a later day. Two people presented. I was asked to talk about my self.
    Then I was told about what the job and what I would be doing (if hired). Only one of them actually did the interview, the other has a pen and paper ( who is younger too). I was then presented two practical exam sheet in form of fill-in-the-blanks. Bunch of functions and classes related to abstract and inheritance. I was also asked about mysql and asked how I would go about implementing a database based on a scenario.

Financial Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City DOITT (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Simple standard interview, was tested on analytical, interpersonal, accounting and excel skills. A logical problem was given to me to solve at the end of interview. Very professional and ideal interview. I was welcomed and offered coffee upon entrance and the whole process was discreet.

Budget and Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York City DOITT (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by someone via email and was asked to come in for an interview. The process was quite simple and the questions centered mostly on getting to know you and the skills you possess.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have to benefit the position you are applying for?   Answer Question