New York City Department of Education Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at New York City Department of Education

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 290 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (United States)

Interview

Thirty minute phone interview; recruiter reached out first to set appointment. Very polite and asked great questions. the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the

Interview Questions
  • Name strengths and weaknesses and most recent work
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY)

Interview

Initial interview can be a a Jobs Fair run by the NYC DOE. Getting hired is primarily adopting whatever the current stance is of the Chancellor at that time. Focuses can change year to year. You must be EXTREMELY politically correct to even make it past the first 30 seconds. Your value increasing proportionately to how much you're viewed as someone who will follow the rules, not rock the boat, and be totally subordinate to the Principals & Assistant Principals.

Interview Questions
  • How do you put yourself in the position of the student and relate to the students (good questions). How come you're switching careers to teach (with great suspicion). 2nd interview: Create a lesson plan & teach a model class in front of the principal. (can be okay if they give you parameters)
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

In this time, it can be difficult to get a job. You have to make sure that you are fully prepared before going into every email. Reach out to schools and send out resumes. H

Interview Questions
New York City Department of Education
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (United States)

Interview

It was ok. Not stressful. The people were friendly. Didn’t ever really have to prepare. If you remember your stuff from education classes you will be fine. So pretty chill.

Interview Questions
New York City Department of Education
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (United States)

Interview

Questions about experience, technology, and differentiation were asked. Issues with the pandemic were also discussed. Interviewer seemed knowledgeable. Afterwards, a student scenario was given and then a conversation leading from it.

Interview Questions
New York City Department of Education
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (United States)

Interview

My principal looked at my portfolio and we discussed my experience. I was coming right out of college and had been asked questions that I was unable to really answer until I came to this school. The principal was very personable and welcomed me with open arms

Interview Questions
New York City Department of Education
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (United States)

Interview

I applied online. It takes long time. However it is a fine experience for me. I talked to principal. It was a relax time. He asked my hobby to check whether I could build up a rapport to students.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY)

Interview

Apply online, you get a call from the team, then you get an in-person technical interview, after that, you have to take a civil service exam. the process is slow but be patient

Interview Questions
New York City Department of Education
Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Long Is City, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

I sat with two recruiting managers. Was asked to speak on past places I have worked. Was given two scenarios and asked how I would handle them. Was given an opportunity to ask a couple of questions. The interviewers were both very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
New York City Department of Education
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

Emailed, Application,Called,In house interview . I applied through the college portal, got an email to file the application , got called for to schedule an interview. finally attend the interview.

Interview Questions
  • OSI Model, Printer Question, and passion why you should work for the DOE.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 290