New York City Department of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Education Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

You interview with the principal, and if they want you they hand you off to a bureaucratic nightmare to be fingerprinted and processed, which you have to pay about $100 for.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with taking on a job that is a bit arbitrary at this point?

Are you flexible?

Do you have a lot of patience?

Are you idealistic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was straight forward. I went to school I applied and sat with the assistant principal and another person that works there. We went through my resume and the AP asked questions. I then asked questions. Part of the questions I was being asked were in another language since that it the main population in the community. I was hired and had to go through fingerprints, and several paperwork at the main office in court street. This process took about 2 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on 9/30. Got an email a few days later. Came in for group interview that consisted of a performance assessment and speed interviews. The process took 2 hours. At the end the indicated we would be contacted via email with next steps for a follow up interview. The group interview had 6 applicants.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Bronx, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

My interview was very brief and straight to the point. It basically depends on the principal/assistant principal who is interviewing you. Also, I don't know if it was done on purpose but they had me wait with a "student helper". The student asked me a ton of questions before I met with the principal.

Interview Questions

• What computer applications are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews with the school, was offered the position on the spot during the final interview. The initial interview was with the Principal and her secretary, then 1:1 with each of the two Assistant Principals. The final interview was 1:1 with just the Principal. Be careful was you are told during the interview process, make sure all the conditions are on paper or in writing before you promise anything. I personally have to deal with a Principal who changed her words after starting the job.

Community Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education.

Interview

Called in for a in person interview with two people. Asked a few questions related to the job. Said I would get a call from HR on weather or not there was a offer but couldn’t give a approximate timeframe.

Interview Questions

• Can you work long days as it may be necessary during some times of the year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview started well. I was asked about five questions but interviewers seemed to drift off while I was answering questions. I was told I had answered all the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Queens Village, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Took over 6 months to hear back from employer. i applied for the job in July and didnt get called for an interview until October, and didnt get a job offer until February. It was a really long day and a bit of a waiting game, but if you want something I guess you wait for it but my word.

Interview Questions

• Basic: What are your interests? Strengths? Weaknesses? A Writing Sample was required. The ability to participate in the day in the life of, which was pretty hard. What is your most challenging experience and how have you learned from it   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

you apply and then take a test and then after if you pass the test you go to orientation. After the orientation is over you fill out a lot of paper work and take certain classes to obtain different certificates and then you start working after you become certified.

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education in December 2014.

Interview

Writing test which is essay you have to write 100 words and interview with few questions like why do you like to work in DOE and what are your experiences in the field?

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the field?   1 Answer