New York City Department of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Education Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education.

Interview

I had a group interview, very easy basic questions and pretty quick. After that I had to go to another interview which was in a bigger location and there was about 100 other people there. We had very fast interviews, literally like 2 minutes, asking why I want to work in this job and to describe myself. Once they have interviewed everyone we were all asked to submit a writing sample from a random question they ask us. Very easy and quick interviews. Nothing to be worried about.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then I was invited to come in for a demo lesson. The interview was a typical teacher interview. I did a demo lesson and then debriefed about it after during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What were the positives of my demo lessons, areas of improvement etc.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

Asked a few questions and then asked to provide a writing sample. The longest part is the requirements you need before you get the interview. You can go to any college and ask if they are offering the workshops. Best advice is to go in calm and relaxed.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

An assessment event, during which you need to pass an oral test and a writing test that prove your English proficiency. The interview is easy, but make sure you bring all the required documents and materials to the interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

For the processing event at NYCDOE headquarters in Brooklyn I expected a long interview process. I was informed that this process would take four hours, but it was just two hours. For the interview I was asked four questions and they expected brief responses. The written test was a 250 words essay about you’re personal life.

Interview Questions

• Who nominated you? Were you interviewed by the person that nominated you? What was you’re experience? What are you’re hobbies?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Meet with the principal, and discuss what you offer to the school and your future plans. Get hired and start when they tell you. Fill out paper work with Dept of education

HACCP Adviser/Food Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel of four administrators from various departments - two women, two men. Position was offered only to in-house personnel. Questions focused on candidate's knowledge of food safety procedures and other criteria cohesive to the School Food Service aspect of the organization. The panel hired the first ten candidates that would comprise the new HACCP team with culinary and managerial credentials.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you interested in the HACCP Advisory position?"   1 Answer

Parent Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Be as genuine as possible your more than likely interviewing with the principal so let them feel as though they can trust you with the most valuable people in their building. The parents

Interview Questions

• Basic experience and communication skills   1 Answer

Custodian Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education in August 2017.

Interview

You interview at Vernon boulevard with a plant manager, a director of facilities, and an hr rep. HR rep will ask you personal qualities and personal relations questions about yourself, plant manager and director of facility will ask you about technical things about the job. Usually pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• How to take a fuel oil delivery   1 Answer

SLP Interview

Interview

Formal interview format. Asked questions about literacy, curriculum etc. Also asked questions pertaining to teaching and incorporating the curriculum into therapy sessions. asked questions about therapy intervention and my style on this. how I would deal with groups, behaviors, coordinating with other related professionals, communicating with parents, familiarity with augmentative and alternative communication devices and programs. Be familiar with relevant common core state standards.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your familiarity with curriculum and implementing the curriculum into therapy   Answer Question