New York City Department of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Education Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2018

2.6

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education.

Interview

First, you will have to be nominated by a current principal. Then, you must complete online training courses and an in-person workshop. The whole process will take about a month.

Interview Questions

• At the processing event, you will be asked to complete a short writing sample.   1 Answer

Manager IT Support Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I waited for about 30 minutes because there was no organization. After getting into the room, the hiring manager spent most of the time on the phone during the interview. I found this disrespectful and opposite of his claim if treating people the way he would like to be trwates.
    Overall negative interview.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Receive a nomination from the Principal and it is up to the candidate to complete next nexts in their own time. This will determine how long the process takes. The "interview" portion is done while they are checking your paperwork and it is more of a conversation, it does not feel like an interview. The essay portion is a general questions about teaching, such as "What makes an effective teacher?".

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to substitute?
      Do you have any prior experience working with kids?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY).

Interview

There isn't really a an interview just filling out the correct paperwork and paying for a bunch of applications, certifications, training, and background checks. You had to go to the DOE headquarters in Brooklyn constantly and making sure you dilled out everything.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy, I was interviewed by 2 directors of the IT department. When I got there we went straight into the conference room and the interview began. The Interviewers were very professional and also easy to speak to. It really took the edge off. They even made a couple jokes. Overall it as an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic computer hardware and Network Questions. And they questions me about all the skills i put on my resume to make sure i knew about the things i listed.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education.

Interview

It was a one person interview. The questions asked were aimed specifically at networking. Not a very hard interview. Review information about networking, basic computer operations and you should be fine.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

The company wants to know if you have any experience in the fields of communications and how you interact with callers under high pressure situations and are you able to work for multiple hours, possibly overnight if needed

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multitask while on an emergency?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education.

Interview

I had a group interview, very easy basic questions and pretty quick. After that I had to go to another interview which was in a bigger location and there was about 100 other people there. We had very fast interviews, literally like 2 minutes, asking why I want to work in this job and to describe myself. Once they have interviewed everyone we were all asked to submit a writing sample from a random question they ask us. Very easy and quick interviews. Nothing to be worried about.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone interview and then I was invited to come in for a demo lesson. The interview was a typical teacher interview. I did a demo lesson and then debriefed about it after during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What were the positives of my demo lessons, areas of improvement etc.   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

An assessment event, during which you need to pass an oral test and a writing test that prove your English proficiency. The interview is easy, but make sure you bring all the required documents and materials to the interview