New York City Department of Education Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

easy to apply to, got the interview scheduled in a month after the interview, 2 months passed after decision was made, normal for the govern., to-be -supervisor was responsive by email but they did not choose me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York City Department of Education

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Education (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted an online application and got a response about one month later asking for a phone interview. That interview lasted for about half an hour, and then another few weeks passed. Then, the DOE invited me for an in-person interview with two people, and then another in-person interview with several more people one week later. I also submitted some writing samples and professional and academic references at that time. Another week or two went by, and then the Department offered the position, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage work requests from outside offices and external parties?   Answer Question
    • How do you lead meetings?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much. I think there is room for negotiation, although with government pay scales, there probably isn't the latitude that there would be with private companies.