New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions

Interviews at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

2.7

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job in August. Was interviewed in Oct. Then didn’t hear back for a month. Got called for another interview in Nov. Was told a few weeks following that I got the job. I was excited. I went through the processing and brought all kinds of documents to prove every little thing about myself. I was told it wasn’t enough. I came back with letters from my previous jobs. So many things I provided to them! After paying for the processing, I waited and waited. Then 2 months later I got a vague email from compliance asking me to pay more because the fee for processing went up in Jan even though I sent everything in Nov. she gave me vague details. I had to figure out the address and office information myself on how to send the money. I’ve already felt they were rude. Then I wait more and more. In Feb I’m told there is a hiring freeze because the city is trying to save millions. Even though I was in the process I got put into limbo. They didn’t want to completely eliminate me. So I agreed to wait further to see what happens. In March I was told it may be possible to work through grant money. I come in for my 3rd interview after months not including the phone screening interview. I sit through different people asking me tough questions once again. My favorite question was “what have you been doing the past few months?” Like as if my current job on my resume doesn’t mean anything to them. I answered “waiting to work for you”. Ummm hello! I’ve been waiting forever only. Then a few days later I’m told it’s maybe possible to work through grants but they don’t even know. A month later I’m told the job is completely eliminated and they can’t offer me anything even though I was already technically hired and paid around $100. Well that was a fun 6.5 months. Can I get my money back? Not sure if I will bother again.

Interview Questions

• Questions about data work even though the job was only basic usage of excel.   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. A week or two later, they called me to schedule an interview.
    I had an interview with program Director and Assistant Director together in their office. They were friendly and informative.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience managing compliance with contracts?   1 Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed about a month later. The interview was in-person, with a panel of three people in the hiring department. I didn't receive an offer, and was notified via a letter in the mail a little over a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked more about topical knowledge relating to the department rather than about my skills and experience, which seemed a little odd since the topical expertise could have been easily gained.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person for approximately an hour. It was pleasant and all questions were in regards to the work on my resume. I do not recall questions about my ability to work in a team or my temperament or personality.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was given a on-site coding test. The questions are fair. They weren't hard questions. The working environment is super laid-back and loud. Overall, the environment is friendly. It took me a long time to went through the process tho.

College Aide Interview

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in March 2011.

Interview

Received interview one month after submitting application. Interview was straightforward - went through my resume and transcript. I was asked typical questions, like why I wanted the position. Received offer later that day.

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in May 2014.

Interview

I placed an online application, and about a month later I received a phone call asking me to go in the following week for an interview. Once I was there, they made me wait a few minutes and I was interviewed by two supervisors. They were really friendly, and welcoming. They asked me a few introductory questions, like what school I go to, what is my major and where i see myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

Interview process took 3 months from the point of initial contact to first date of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Long Island City, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application to school and then received an email to schedule for an interview. I was asked about the related work experience and classes for the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to self-evaluate my computer skills such as MS Excel and SharePoint. There were no difficult questions asked in particular.   Answer Question

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

1. You can choose to attend a information session before application
    2. After the information session, you can submit the application through email.
    3. I heard back from the recruiter after 2 weeks. Then I attended the onsite interview with 2 recruiters. The interview process took 30-45 minutes and is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1. Behavioral questions.
      2. Demonstration of a nutrition education session (total 30-45 minutes)   Answer Question