New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.7

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

A screened call, then set up with an in person 1.5-2 hour interview to shadow and ask more in depth about the growth, the commission and the ability to meet sales goals and then a third interview for a mock phone call.

Interview Questions

• The job position is not glorified and expect phone calls and grunt work, can you handle that work load?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Applied online for similar positions but heard nothing back. Then HR sent out a notice for a job fair. Job fair was poorly run. Some managers of groups supposed to attend did not show or sent in some unlucky employee to talk to the applicants. Job fair was not informational at all, basically it was an pre-interview right there with other applicants waiting right behind you while you talk about yourself so it was very awkward. Also, a lot of the positions online look to be old or posted because they have to for labor law reasons. Most of the jobs they had for the job fair wasn't even open during the job fair and they had new descriptions and postings. After about a month of no contact, got an email from their HR to come in for an interview. No HR screening. They didn't even tell me the details or even where to go and did not confirm. I had to call HR contact twice to make sure they got my confirmation email and ask where I needed to go. The in-person interview was in group formation. Standard interview questions like when did you run into a situation where you had to handle...? What are your three best qualities... etc. After that, no response from HR or the hiring manager even though I sent a tank you email. Very unprofessional to not even send a response or even have HR send a generic response. Seems like they are just interviewing to just interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three best qualities? What are you three worst qualities? Name a situation when ... (bad happened and how did you handle it?) etc.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person for approximately an hour. It was pleasant and all questions were in regards to the work on my resume. I do not recall questions about my ability to work in a team or my temperament or personality.

City Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. First HR person called to schedule phone interview and interview took place on the same day with a group of three members and lasted for 30 minutes. Questions were relevant to the job responsibilities and about my previous experience. They were mostly seeking answers what best you could bring from your experience to the position.

Interview Questions

• How you will approach tasks in which have no experience   Answer Question

College Aide Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

go through resume, asked about SAS programming ability and related course project. Introduced the duty about the job. The interview take around 30 minutes, but the hiring process is complicated and takes over a month.

Interview Questions

• What curriculum are you in? Any past experience with SAS programming?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews for a job opening (taking time off from my current job for each interview with them) and they didn't even bother to call or email a rejection. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage staff that disagreed with my decisions?   Answer Question

Community Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through email in February and got an interview in April. The first interview was in person with 3 people from the different department. The second interview was at the main DOH building with 2 senior staff.

City Research Scientist - I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with them at June1st. Two people asked couple of techinical questions. Two weeks ago, they asked me to finish a form called employment record. Then nothing... They didn't give me anything after it. I guess I didn't get the offer. Anyone has the same situation?

City Research Scientist - I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted the application online, got feedback a few days later, set an in-person interview a few days later, and they said they'll contact me next week or so. In the interview, it's mainly about my previous research experience, why I'm interested in this area, etc. All three interviewers are technical staff, no HR.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Interacting with the hiring manager, the director, and the rest of the team was a great experience. I felt that everyone was sincere and genuine. I felt they were very direct about the expectations and making sure that the responsibilities were clearly outlined.

Interview Questions

• Could you speak to your ability to be flexible and handle last-minute deadlines?   1 Answer