New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 105 of over 105 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

The interview process, although long, was relatively easy and HR was very swift with responding to any questions you have. You have to start out by completing the online application with letters of recommendations, references, and a cover letter. After that, there are essentially two rounds- one where you have to get accepted to the general program and the second round where a preceptor must select you.

Interview Questions
  • Why the HRTP program?
    Answer Question

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in Aug 2020

Interview

I received an email from personal assistant who aaked me a convenient time to conduct Skype interview. I let him know a convenient time and day. On the scheduled day, i was interviewed by 2 persons and the interview process was very nice .

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested to join New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene? Do you have prior experience of health filed ?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

phone call interview, 2 persons included. Work from home makes them sound easy-going and the experience is not bad. We had a good time. They are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Submitted application for bureau of child health and got a response about 10 days. For a city agency this procedure was lightning fast. Verified unofficial transcript thru email and got a panel interview the week after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview to do an initial screening. A few weeks later I was invited to an in-person interview. It took around 4 months after to hear back (after sending follow-up emails).

Interview Questions
  • What is your understanding of health systems?

Application

Interview

You are contacted by different supervisors from different departments depending on the interests you selected in your application, and then interviewed. Interviews are set up relatively quickly and usually last no more than 45 minutes. Supervisor will then notify you if received the position or not.

Interview Questions
  • How do you approach the work that is given to you/handling deadlines etc.?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied for this position in July 2019. I received a call in October for a phone interview. The phone interview consisted on 3 other interviewers. The interview was about 45 minutes long. There was one interviewing who asked me questions in Spanish so a portion of the interview I had to speak Spanish. I received an email 3 weeks after the phone interview stating I wasn't selected to go to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current job position? Why do you want to be a condom educational specialist? What maybe challenges you may face when you first start the job? What are challenges you may face when education on use of condoms? What are important things to do when providing education on condoms?

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

The application process was a bit of a mess. Didn't get back to me for almost 2 months, had forgotten I had applied for the position and then they reached back out for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Very typical, run-of-the-mill questions eg how did you hear about the job, why do you want it, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

apply on nyc.gov career->got a call after 2 weeks->scheduled for a phone interview->Phone interview(1 person)-> 1st In person interview(3 people) ->2nd in person interview(3 people) -> offer->took 2 months to process after offer.

Interview Questions
  • Past work. Situational questions. How to work in a difficult situation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

I interviewed for a previous position and was a runner-up. I was contacted a few months later, asking if I was still job-hunting, and if so, was I interested in a related position. I applied online for that position (City Research Scientist I - Data Analyst) and was asked to interview a week later. In both cases, it was a panel interview conducted by people who would be my supervisors and/or coworkers. The interviewers were well-prepared, professional, and pleasant. The interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe your organizational style?
  • Describe your experiences working with electronic medical record systems.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Job Seekers

Public Health Sanitarian
JobsSalariesInterviews
City Research Scientist, Level II
Learn About the Job
Assistant Commissioner, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (Retired)
Learn About the Job

Work at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene? Share Your Experiences

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene logo