KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 122 of over 122 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Usually one to two rounds with people who you will work with directly. Mostly behavioral questions as opposed to technical. I had a very pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why are you interested in [insert specific program focus here]? What can you bring to the project?
    Answer Question

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

I never heard back. Also, they forgot they already interviewed me and called me to set up a “first round interview”. They were very rude when I mentioned they already interviewed and told me they would’ve remembered if they did….

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

It was in person inside a conference room. It was a one on one semi formal interview . Interviewer made me comfortable and was mostly asking behavioral questions. overall the interview went well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

Respectful and swift interview process--three rounds with staff at all levels of the bureau. Short waiting periods between interview rounds. Lengthy waiting period between acceptance of the position and available start date.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward. I met with several department heads in a series of interviews in person. Since it was an intern interview many years ago, virtual wasn't an option. The set up is quite cumbersome though from a paperwork perspective.

Interview Questions
  • Where I saw my career headed in ten years, and the areas of public health I was most interested in. At the time they were looking for research interests in infectious disease.

Application

Interview

The interview was okay. It was pretty uptight and the interviewer did not respond much when I answered. Some of the questions were complicated and scenario based. Be sure to prepare well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

Received an email a few weeks after submitting application for an interview. It was with 3 people and took 1.5hrs. Sent a thank you email, no response. 1month later, I received an email from Dr.____ asking to call me. I was told it was for a prescreening. When I told her she had already interviewed me, she got very aggressive and told me she “would’ve remembered” if she did. Well, you did and I have the Microsoft Teams link and email to prove it! Extremely unprofessional and rude…. and this is somebody with a PhD…

Interview Questions
  • What’s your favorite package in R? What’s your favorite statistical method?

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Application

I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Interview

It took several months to hear back after I applied to the position. The first step was a panel interview. After passing the panel interview then the second interview was with the hiring manager and the program lead that this position would be supporting.

Interview Questions
  • How have you incorporated health equity into a written material?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

I was called for the interview and confirmed via email. I was sent a Teams Meeting link with tagged all interview attendees. The panel interview included the director, senior analysis, and another supervisor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

The application process is long, I waited about three to four months to hear back about the program. But the interview process was quick and was on-boarded after about a two-week interview process which consisted of an initial phone screening and then formal interview which was conducted over Zoom due to Covid restrictions.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with qualitative or quantitative data?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Interviews

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene according to 131 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 29.28%

IQ Intelligence Test: 4.50%

Other: 1.35%

Personality Test: 1.35%

RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene? Share Your Experiences

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene logo

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Photos

+ Add Photo
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: 12 Worth Street
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: Building
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: Floor Lobby (receptionist)
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: Main lobby of office
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: At the nutrition education site
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: Front Door Entrance
New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene photo of: Meeting room