New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

Public Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Step 1- Fill out employee application sheet
    Step 2- Interview with 3 supervisors who asked about past experience, situational questions, and conducted a role play scenario
    Step 3- Written portion with prompt (1 paragraph response)

Interview Questions

• Role Play: You are a public health advisor and you have to go track down a patient in person who has tested positive for an STI. You have tried to call them and text them many times before. You ring on their doorbell and they answer.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

A screened call, then set up with an in person 1.5-2 hour interview to shadow and ask more in depth about the growth, the commission and the ability to meet sales goals and then a third interview for a mock phone call.

Interview Questions

• The job position is not glorified and expect phone calls and grunt work, can you handle that work load?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Applied online for similar positions but heard nothing back. Then HR sent out a notice for a job fair. Job fair was poorly run. Some managers of groups supposed to attend did not show or sent in some unlucky employee to talk to the applicants. Job fair was not informational at all, basically it was an pre-interview right there with other applicants waiting right behind you while you talk about yourself so it was very awkward. Also, a lot of the positions online look to be old or posted because they have to for labor law reasons. Most of the jobs they had for the job fair wasn't even open during the job fair and they had new descriptions and postings. After about a month of no contact, got an email from their HR to come in for an interview. No HR screening. They didn't even tell me the details or even where to go and did not confirm. I had to call HR contact twice to make sure they got my confirmation email and ask where I needed to go. The in-person interview was in group formation. Standard interview questions like when did you run into a situation where you had to handle...? What are your three best qualities... etc. After that, no response from HR or the hiring manager even though I sent a tank you email. Very unprofessional to not even send a response or even have HR send a generic response. Seems like they are just interviewing to just interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the three best qualities? What are you three worst qualities? Name a situation when ... (bad happened and how did you handle it?) etc.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person for approximately an hour. It was pleasant and all questions were in regards to the work on my resume. I do not recall questions about my ability to work in a team or my temperament or personality.

City Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. First HR person called to schedule phone interview and interview took place on the same day with a group of three members and lasted for 30 minutes. Questions were relevant to the job responsibilities and about my previous experience. They were mostly seeking answers what best you could bring from your experience to the position.

Interview Questions

• How you will approach tasks in which have no experience   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Two times on site interviews for two different departments. They have a list of questions and they took turn to ask. I didn't get any follow-up whether I was rejected.

College Aide Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

go through resume, asked about SAS programming ability and related course project. Introduced the duty about the job. The interview take around 30 minutes, but the hiring process is complicated and takes over a month.

Interview Questions

• What curriculum are you in? Any past experience with SAS programming?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and the manager reached out to me within a week about the interview. I shared with her my experience and why I would be a good fit for the position. It was a pretty standard interview. I was hired and the on boarding process took at least 7 weeks before I was able to start.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to shared previous reports I had written so they could see my writing skills.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews for a job opening (taking time off from my current job for each interview with them) and they didn't even bother to call or email a rejection. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage staff that disagreed with my decisions?   Answer Question

Community Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through email in February and got an interview in April. The first interview was in person with 3 people from the different department. The second interview was at the main DOH building with 2 senior staff.