New York City Department of Parks and Recreation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Department of Parks and Recreation Interview Questions

Interviews at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation

2.4

Sort:

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with three staff member. They have a predetermined list of questions. Each individual will rate you and give you a combined score. They then offer the position to the highest rated interviewee and go down that list.

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (Flushing, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Their main concern is seasonal availability, prior experience, and which locations you can work. They ask you about your WSI and CPR certificates because those are needed. As with most other government jobs, the hiring process is lengthy and requires a lot of paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was almost on time, almost 30 min late. I get there and who "hosted" me was the other candidate (with a scheduled time before mine), and I did the same with the one after mine.
    The interview was terrible, 3 people asking pre written and unbased questions, mostly hr ones. One of the interviwees I can bet that he slept for a couple of minutes. Additionally, seems that they were doing that just to have some paperwork. All of them very not interested at all, and mostly not even heard my answers. Totaly a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a contractor refuse to follow your intructions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview I was invited for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by two people, the head of the department and another person I would have been working with. the head of the department was unprepared for my interview but the person I would have been working with was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. I was asked why I liked my school.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied using my University's recruiting service and received an email with interview offer and date within a few weeks. Interview took place at their NYC base location and lasted no more than 30 minutes. Basic interview questions were asked such as "describe your greatest strength/ weakness", "why would you like to work for us?" and other basics. After the interview, I did not hear back until about 3 weeks to a month later when they called and offered me the position.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (Flushing, NY).

Interview

HR department contacted me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation.

Interview

No formal process or acceptance offer in writing, just an in-person behavioral interview asking about what you're doing in school, what you're working on, and what you hope to do during the internship. The internship coordinator also explained some of the projects the team is working on and what other interns have come up with in the past.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one on one experience with the employers asking various questions pertaining to my maintenance skills my past work history,duties I performed time efficiency equipment I handled etc mopping floors waxing stripping and buffing large facilities

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great, and the interviewer was very nice and helping. She made me feel very comfortable, and she wanted to see me get the job. Everything was great. During the process they explained everything what to do, what not to do, they did not keep us for a long time during the day.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Maintenance Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation.

Interview

Most new employes are from the welfare system. this is a great way to get into the system and find a good job and turn that into a career. Talk to as many supervisors as possible and get to know all the full time employees.Become known and get around. They can help you if you let them know what you want and what you can do for them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Parks?   2 Answers