New York City Department of Parks and Recreation Urban Park Ranger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY).

Interview

Filing seasonal Job application followed by an interview with investigators and background check. Or Civil Service exam followed by interview and background check with hiring committee. Passing Parks Academy and 1 year probation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York City Department of Parks and Recreation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY).

Interview

The first thing you must do is submit a cover letter and resume directly to the offices of the Urban Park Service at 1234 5th ave New York. Its helpful to emphasize any military service, law classes or college courses. Many people use this job as a springboard for federal jobs like FBI or DEA, State Troopers, NYPD or other law enforcement agencies. If you're selected you may attend a 10 week training course. However, before that happens you have to pass two interviews. First interview is almost a screening. The second is a panel interview with Captains and sergeants asking questions about how you handle stress and give you scenarios to find out how you might respond. Questions about your background, education, and how your resume/experience applies to this kind of work. Its important to arrive in clean, neat business attire and a good close haircut and shave, as a uniform is required for this job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you were in a crowd that was getting out of control?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (New York, NY).

Interview

Arrive early because the building and department is not the most straightforward place to find. They were doing multiple interviews that day and was running about a half hour. Two individuals interviewed me for the position. They started with details about the job position and then took turns asking interview questions. Both interviewers were very kind and patient with the interview process. The interview lasts 30-45 minutes depending on how many questions you have for them. I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with customer service.   1 Answer