New York City Economic Development Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Economic Development Corporation Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation.

Interview

Received an e-mail invitation a month after application for a phone interview scheduled to be two weeks later. Phone interview was a very general screening that took about 15 minutes where I was immediately invited onsite. I was notified about the second round interview about a week after my first round. A few days later I was asked to provide references. After checking my references, I was given an offer that I happily accepted.

Interviews questions were very standard (behavioral) but minimal. Interviewers are very passionate for what they do, make sure to prepare a good chunk of questions to show your own preparation and passion.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation.

Interview

Clear expectations, pleasant staff, 30 minute interview with HR and 30 minute interview with supervisor. They were informative about the company and gave helpful information about multiple growth opportunities within the corporation.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 3 years/5 years time with your career?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online. Around 2 weeks later got an email to schedule an initial call which was around a week after that. A week after the initial call I was called in for an in-person interview. This involved an interview with 2-3 people from the team, mostly behavioral questions, followed by a case.

Interview Questions

• How would your former co-workers describe you? Good things and bad things they'd say about you   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for the Strategy Consulting team so this was a consulting styled interview with cases and fit questions. The overall interview wasn't hard but the entire process took almost a month for 4 rounds before they rejected me.

It started with an initial call with the HR
    followed by a telephonic interviews and then 2 rounds of face to face (one was fit plus semi-case, other one was a full case interview)

The worst bit was that after 4 rounds, no concrete feedback was provided and a generic 'no-reply' email was sent which stated that they weren't going ahead with me. Doesn't typically happen in 'Consulting Interviews'

Interview Questions

• What factors would you take into account while planning a train line on the Brooklyn waterfront?

How do you deal with ambiguity when all of the data regarding a particular topic isn't available?
      Answer Question

Vice President, Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview began with meeting with a representative from HR and then meeting with the Senior Vice President of Development. The entire process took an hour and was relatively painless and, to be quite honest, a bid odd. The interview with the SVP seemed to lack the kind of focus that I would expect when interviewing for a position of this "level." Personally, I don't know how the SVP could effectively evaluate a candidate's skills and fit with the types of questions he asked. Very basic...so, I was a bit confused, which likely threw me off.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First contacted by HR phone screener, typical canned HR questions. They ask you if you're comfortable with the very low salary. Was contacted two weeks after that to set an interview with senior staff, for a date more than 2 weeks after that. Interview happened, they didn't seem very enthusiastic, had me sit in a windowless room with 15 minutes in between. After, I was shuffled out. Two weeks go by after multiple correspondence on my end ... nothing from their end ... finally a form rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EDC? Tell me about yourself? Walk me through your history. What project would you suggest?   1 Answer

Public Affairs Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

Applied Online, and it took about a week to have a phone interview , which was very standard. Afterwards they bring you in to meet with they person whom you take to over the phone to do your phone interview her again then you meet with whom your been working under. Overall both interviews I felt went well , but I don't feel i had the right length of time in my any of my job previous positions which is a reservation for most places.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what past experiences you have with the press?   Answer Question

Director of Partnerships Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening, and then if you make the cut you get to interview at NYCEDC headquarters with HR. HR staff really should go back to school to learn how to professionally interview a candidate. A very insincere HR staffer meets you and then another staffer comes to have a one on one interview with you. I find it really unprofessional that one day they interview in person, the next day they want to schedule you for another interview and then days later you get an email the job is on hold.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you want to be in 5 years? What's your experience since it's obvious HR staff did not read your resume prior to the meeting. Do you know NYC? Very stupid question since they seem to hire none native New Yorkers who don't know neighbhorhoods, or have a clue to the culture in neighborhoods that they say they are working on so-called partnership opportunities.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation.

Interview

Came in person for an interview after a phone interview, but only got to meet one of the two interviewers I was suppose to meet. Most of the questions were how much I knew about the company, rather than experience since most of the questions were already asked during the phone interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York City Economic Development Corporation (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Speak to different members of the department along with a hiring representative. Interview per person length varied from anywhere between 10-30 minutes. Asked fairly standard questions and the reception was friendly. Had thought the interview went well, but weeks of silence have suggested otherwise. Multiple emails/attempts at communication have turned up nothing. During the interview they appeared very disorganized, occasionally making me wait 20 minutes between interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why New York City? Why NYCEDC?
      Explain your previous job's duties and your role?
      What classes did you take and what was the text book used?
      Answer Question