New York City Government Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Government Agency Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York City Government Agency

Administrative Judge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Government Agency (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied on-line, got an e-mail confirmation, and then a phone call weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview was with 3 administrative law judges, who asked me questions like "what would you do if a litigant or attorney was disrespectful in your courtroom" and if I would be able to follow the law even in emotionally compelling cases. If I had made it to the next round, which I did not, I was told that there would be a writing competition amongst the remaining candidates.
    I would suggest that you know exactly what types of cases OATH hears and be sure that you want to be a judge before you go into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an administrative law judge and do you think you will miss being a lawyer?   Answer Question

Real Estate Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Government Agency in May 2010.

Interview

Very professional and amiable panel. However, it seemed they had a pre-selected candidate in mind and were merely going through the motions of interviews to make the selection process appear competetive and open.

Interview Questions