New York City Housing Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (Long Island City, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was basically asking you questions about your past jobs, explaining about the position your applying for. The main interview was very comfortable no need to be nervous. Be yourself.

Housing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

In order to get this position you must pass a civil service test. So I was never interviewed for this position or any of the others that I had

Interview Questions

• I was never interviewed for this position due to being an internal employee. It was a promotion.
      Do you want to work in the Borough that you live in?   1 Answer

Maintenance Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (Bronx, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

it was very pleasant and the questions were very easy to answer. I was very comfortable with the staff in the interview. i felt very self confident and actually answering my questions truthfully and with a very positive attitude. i was told in the interview about the work atmosphere and how pleasant it was to work here with other co-workers.

Interview Questions

• if i am available, would i work overtime or weekends. many other questions about how familiar i was to this jobfield.   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Applied from CUNY. After couple of days they ask me to come to interview. They asked me how i will respond to customers. And then they give you mini test and then they check your presentation skills. You have to show that you can withstand complaints and calls all day long. Overall not a hard interview.

Assistant Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with Human Resources and it was a fair interview. I described my career goals to be a Registered Architect and was drafting already on AutoCAD. I was freelancing at the time so it came easy to me.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quick, about 35 minutes. We had to look up information online and re-write the information in a paragraph which included an address, phone number and contact name. Then the interview was one on one and I was asked 3 or 4 questions. No pressure at all, and it was through CUNY.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't know how to do something, what would you do?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority.

Interview

Thorough and pleasant. They read my writing sample and asked me questions about it. Also asked me questions about legal writing in general. Very friendly and very much willing to tell me about the downsides of the job, which I appreciated because it shows honesty.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They reviewed my resume and then called me in for questioning. My father worked for the company and wanted to see if i can get the internship at his company sp I can get a feel for how the electrical engineering life was about so he contacted his colleague to give me an interview for the internship position amd within a couple days I got my interview.

Interview Questions

• How are my grades regarding electrical engineering courses ?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a letter by mail asking me to be at 90 Church St for an interview. Got there and waited for approximately 2h30 before I was called. I signed up and gave copies of my resume. They called candidates by list number.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Assistant Caretaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Hired through special program, interview was mostly an intake of all information and documents, Meet with an Hr rep and Hr director, was reviewed on the specifics of what job entailed and the additional requirement of attending a training class every other week

Interview Questions

• Hired through special program, interview was mostly an intake of all information and documents   1 Answer