New York City Housing Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New York City Housing Authority

2.5

Assistant Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with Human Resources and it was a fair interview. I described my career goals to be a Registered Architect and was drafting already on AutoCAD. I was freelancing at the time so it came easy to me.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Submit internal application via Employee self service system and you are nplaced either on a seniority or alpha list. You are them called in to meet with a small group of individuals (generally at least one male and one female minimum) for rapid interviews every 15 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength, and what is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interview. If you know excel like the back of your hand, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Some nit and grit questions like if you were to analyze a trend, how would you go about it. Just say put it in excel and graph it. They aren't looking for any out of the box answers. They want their answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was set.

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority.

Interview

Thorough and pleasant. They read my writing sample and asked me questions about it. Also asked me questions about legal writing in general. Very friendly and very much willing to tell me about the downsides of the job, which I appreciated because it shows honesty.

Maintenance Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (Bronx, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

it was very pleasant and the questions were very easy to answer. I was very comfortable with the staff in the interview. i felt very self confident and actually answering my questions truthfully and with a very positive attitude. i was told in the interview about the work atmosphere and how pleasant it was to work here with other co-workers.

Interview Questions

• if i am available, would i work overtime or weekends. many other questions about how familiar i was to this jobfield.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I met with two gentlemen for the position of Senior Director of Mold Busters. They were extremely pleasant, and had a few pre-scripted questions that they took turns asking. They also asked some ad-hoc questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day/tasks?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

A recruiter from India called with very limited info. A lot of unnecessary back and forth, he would call back a day later with empty updates. Would stay away from all companies that call from india. I don't work with them anymore

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted via phone for an interview and preliminary screening. I then was interviewed by four people altogether at their downtown NY location. They asked a variety of questions pertaining to my skills, experience and technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the perfect candidate for NYCHA?

What is one of your proudest accomplishments?

What word would best describe who you are?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a letter by mail asking me to be at 90 Church St for an interview. Got there and waited for approximately 2h30 before I was called. I signed up and gave copies of my resume. They called candidates by list number.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York City Housing Authority in September 2010.

Interview

The process went well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was called off of a list.