New York City Transit Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Transit Authority Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.5

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority.

Interview

Get into the NYCT system through college career center. few week after got a phone call from on of the employee. interview wasn't that much long, it took place about 10 mins. I got an offer and accepted as a intern position.

Staff Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a board style interview. Three people took turns asking set questions. At the end of the interview they gave you an opportunity to say why you would make the best candidate. From application to start date, the process took about 5 months.

Train Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I was called for a UDS screen and after wards when the result were received they called for the medical and final processing, which consist of several different medical activities including eye exam and then it was final processing where my paperwork was checked and I was granted an opportunity with NYCTA once completed.

Interview Questions

• They mostly remained on my background and any gaps in my history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiation process

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is that of exhibiting competencies in person. Several questions personal and skill related then asked to perform certain tasks to demonstrate your knowledge and ability to perform. Some people can provide training for a fee to pass the interview if not appropriately skilled or qualified. If you are qualified the interview is more of a formality and seemingly if you made it there you just need to endure the painful application and new employee processing to have the job. Once there though you are in.

Interview Questions

• What related positions have you held? What is a fuse for? Can you complete this circuit?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process consist of a panel of 5 individuals. Instructions were read. Your advised of the number of questions that will be asked you and to be thorough in your answer because the panel will not ask you any follow up questions. There is no dialogue between panel and interviewer outside of the questions being posed. The interview is a score based system. Very uncomfortable and unfriendly setting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NYCT   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

There really isn't an interview process once you pass the practical exam your pretty much done. The results for the test may take a while though. All that's left is your physical and they ask you questions to make sure you can speak english. Then they send you to school before you start work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my back round check and arrest records.   1 Answer

Transit Management Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email 6 weeks after submitting an online application to set up an initial interview. The Interview was panel style and very uncomfortable. The interview questions itself was nothing unexpected however one of the hiring managers was not welcoming and did not make me feel relaxed. Every time I was asked a question by the other interviewers I was constantly interrupted and that made me nervous. I was contacted a week later that I did not make it to the second round of interview.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you and where do you see yourself in three years, If all three of us gave you an assignment to complete which one would you do first   Answer Question

Staff Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview process was straight forward and lasted about 25 minutes. I recall questions about my experience as a PM. Why did I apply for Staff analyst position? The interviewer discussed this was a new role created and two analyst positions needed to be filled right away. The role was clearly defined by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about documents such as risk register and lesson learned documents to walk the interviewer through the process on how I created these documents.   Answer Question

this was the phone screen

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview: 1 Self introduction, 2 hypothetical questions: coordination between passenger service and maintenance jobs, subway operation strategies, skill sets questions 3 case study of adding a new express service option

College Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied to a different position on May 2014 and my resume circulated through a lot of the departments. I received an email in December 2014 requesting an interview. There were three people who interviewed me together. The questions were pretty basic and they essentially wanted me to expand on my resume.