New York City Transit Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York City Transit Authority Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority.

Interview

Very friendly approach during the in-person round. Process is comparatively shorter, just one telephonic and one in-person round. Emphasis on the resume during the in-person round. They come up with a decision within 2-3 weeks at the most.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite project and the least favorite project.   Answer Question

Transit Management Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the same day the posting was put up and received an email for an interview about a month later. The interview was held in Brooklyn on Livingston. I was interviewed by 3 people and there was a 4th individual in the room that was the "observer"

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      3 reasons Why you think you are a great match for the position?
      Tell about a time you took the lead in a situation?
      How would you rate your computer skills?   Answer Question

College Aide Interview

Application

Interview

Get into the NYCT system through college career center. few week after got a phone call from on of the employee. interview wasn't that much long, it took place about 10 mins. I got an offer and accepted as a intern position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

the interview questions are easy. be prepared for some behavior questions. talk to the hiring manager what type person you are and just be yourself. easy interview. one of the question is "what is your most interest course in college"

Staff Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for a board style interview. Three people took turns asking set questions. At the end of the interview they gave you an opportunity to say why you would make the best candidate. From application to start date, the process took about 5 months.

College Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through career center (CCNY), within 2-3 weeks get a call and after that got the interview date within 1-2 week. After the interview took another 1-2 weeks to get started. In short, if you get a call for the interview, you will most likely get the job. And rest of the documentation procedure takes in total 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Hour flexibility and past experience.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Uncommon online phone interview since I was overseas; so the person interviewing me was very flexible to be able to do that also at an inconvenient time due to time zone differences.

Train Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy, I was called for a UDS screen and after wards when the result were received they called for the medical and final processing, which consist of several different medical activities including eye exam and then it was final processing where my paperwork was checked and I was granted an opportunity with NYCTA once completed.

Interview Questions

• They mostly remained on my background and any gaps in my history.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiation process

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is that of exhibiting competencies in person. Several questions personal and skill related then asked to perform certain tasks to demonstrate your knowledge and ability to perform. Some people can provide training for a fee to pass the interview if not appropriately skilled or qualified. If you are qualified the interview is more of a formality and seemingly if you made it there you just need to endure the painful application and new employee processing to have the job. Once there though you are in.

Interview Questions

• What related positions have you held? What is a fuse for? Can you complete this circuit?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York City Transit Authority (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process consist of a panel of 5 individuals. Instructions were read. Your advised of the number of questions that will be asked you and to be thorough in your answer because the panel will not ask you any follow up questions. There is no dialogue between panel and interviewer outside of the questions being posed. The interview is a score based system. Very uncomfortable and unfriendly setting.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NYCT   1 Answer