New York County District Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very pleasant. I applied for the position through indeed and a few days later I got an email to schedule a first interview. The following week I went to the office for my first interview and about 3 days later I got a call to schedule a second round of interviews. A week and a half later I got a call with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly about my prior experience in the field and why I was interested in working for them.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY).

Interview

Friend put my name in. Got a call. Call went well enough and got brought in for an interview. I was there for 3 hours, talked to 6 people at differing levels. Was then told we'll get back to you in a week- over and over again- for over a month.

Victim Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It was more of a conversation (with me leading the questions). I told them an overview of my past work history and why I wanted the job, and then they allowed me to lead with questions.

Trial Preparation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Got an interview request within a couple days. Interview scheduled for two weeks later. Met with office manager, ADAs, paralegals, deputy bureau chiefs, and bureau chief. Got an offer the week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a paralegal? What is your five and ten year plan? Prove that you can multitask and prioritize.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. I was interviewed by two members of the staff, both extremely nice and welcoming. However I felt as if I was an inconvenience, it appeared that they forgot they were expecting me. The interview started 20 minutes behind schedule and one of the interviewers stepped out after 5 minutes due to a 'meeting'. Not a good experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I think the whole applying and hearing back about an interview process took about a month. The interview wasn't too bad. Wasn't too long so that was good. I met with an ADA who was pretty nice. He asked me pretty basic questions, asked a lot of things about my resume, cover letter, and writing sample, so make sure to look back at old things you might not think about too often so you're ready to talk about them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you take the classes that you took? What was your favorite class? What clubs are you in and why? What do you do in those clubs? What have you done at past jobs? Why do you want to intern for the Manhattan DA? Why do you want to be a lawyer and do you know which type of law you want to practice and why?   Answer Question

Forensic Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. Walked into the office and was greeted by polite staff members who took me to a room with a table and chairs. Basically just had a conversation with a very nice interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is one word to describe yourself?   1 Answer

Forensic Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy, and the interviewer was very nice. The interviewer just asked basic questions like how much do you know about Excel (because you are going to use it all the time during the internship).

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a few days later. Went down to the city for the day for the interview. The office was easy to find and I was given clear instructions on how to find the office. I was interviewed by four members of the legal staff and they were incredibly friendly and professional. The interview felt conversational and they seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me and what I wanted to do with this job and in my future. It was a wonderful interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would have any moral issues while assisting with cases?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

one interview with an Assistant District Attorney; they reached out to schedule an interview a month after I applied and I heard back with an offer about 4 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a prosecutor at the DA's office rather than working as a prosecutor in another non-profit organization?

What are your post-grad plans?
      Answer Question