New York County District Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at New York County District Attorney

2.9

Computer Forensic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very technical in nature. Sat with department director, lab manager, bureau chief and supervisor to discuss knowledge and experiences. Questions were directed at hypothetical situations that did not necessarily reflect the work that was being done in this lab. Overall the interview was fairly simple and help was given to direct the answers more clearly.

Interview Questions

• If you walk into this room what would be your plan to figure out if a computer system has been hacked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really only salary wise we discussed annual salary but was paid an hourly wage equating to an annual salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I have been working here for over 7 months, interesting work and the people are really nice. Perfect work life balance if you are planing to study for the LSAT while working. Easy interview process. it was more of a casual conversation than an interview. They asked me about my goals, and why I wanted to work in criminal law/public service. I Interview with three attorneys (ADA) and one paralegal administrator.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Criminal Law/ Public Service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The building was imposing, and I had to go through security -- don't get there too early, since there's no chairs or anything in the lobby. The interview questions were pretty typical, and everyone who I interviewed with was warm and friendly, so I had a really good experience. The interview lasted about two hours, and I met with different people, including attorneys.

Interview Questions

• Name a strength and weakness
      Can you commit to working here for 2 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

interviewed with three people. they were current paralegals and then two head people. asked generic questions. all very friendly. made me feel comfortable and were engaged in the conversation. i think that hey were fair questions and really just wanted to know why i had an interest in the public sertor of law.

Paralegal Interview

Interview

First you interview with your contact, then with two paralegals then with the head of the department. Process takes a long time and they dont have flexibility on dates when you come in

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview for the DA's office was relaxed, easy and comfortable. I knew going in that this was my top choice job, and the hiring manager was clear about salary, start times, and the hiring process. I met with two ADA's who were friendly and asked basic questions before asking more challenging "what would you do if...." kind of questions. I felt pretty relaxed and casual the whole time. Entire interview lasted about 35 minutes. I had another job offer pending and was upfront about needing to know if they wanted me to work for them. This seemed to stress them out a little bit, but I was offered the job two-days later. The HR manager WILL ask you to speak spanish if you put it on your resume and it is required by the job. She only asked for a few sentences saying "can you say the lawyer will be with you in a minute" in spanish. Super easy if you are proficient.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the DA?   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the more challenging aspects of this position? (special victims)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very pleasant. I applied for the position through indeed and a few days later I got an email to schedule a first interview. The following week I went to the office for my first interview and about 3 days later I got a call to schedule a second round of interviews. A week and a half later I got a call with a job offer!

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly about my prior experience in the field and why I was interested in working for them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was horrible. I applied for a paralegal job for a specific unit, but they thought they were interviewing me for another. When I showed them the job posting, they still insisted that I made a mistake. I offered to interview for the position that they were ready for, but they said that I wasn't qualified and kicked me out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called in by the Bureau manager. Took a few weeks. Had an interview for the week after. The interview process took around 2 hours long. Had an initial interview with the manager which was mostly a quick info about job. Then met an Assistant District Attorney, which went well. Met some paralegals. Met the chief bureau assistant district attorneys.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask too many questions. Mostly about why I wanted to work at the DA's office and why I wanted to be a paralegal. Generic questions. Nothing big. Seemed very laid back, but couldn't get a good read on whether the interviewers liked me or not. Good experience overall. One unexpected question was one about how many soccer balls are produced in the US.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Went to two interviews.