New York Film Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.4

Junior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Run of the mill interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, etc), with some job-specific ones. She looked over my portfolio and resume throughout the interview and asked to explain my design process too.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working with a lot of set instructions, or handling the project on your own?   Answer Question

Student Outcomes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A 20 minute Phone screen - followed by a 2 hour long in person interview with head of Student Outcomes. Very Transparent about the process throughout and communicative with me. Asked questions about very specific situations, coaching styles and was asked to review resumes. Asked about ASANA use.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student who has been looking for a job and wants to give up?   Answer Question

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online on Indeed. They emailed me to schedule an appointment. I sat down in their small office with two of the managers that I would possibly be working for. The only asked me two questions. While I was talking, one of the managers started to check his email on his computer. They didn't seem interested in what I had to say at all and didn't ask me any questions. Very rude. Terrible experience and very reflective of their work culture. They did not even reply back to tell me I was no longer in consideration.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It went by smoothly. Interviewed by two managers and discussed thoroughly the job descriptions and how my experience and skills benefit the position. I was also given a tour of the facility and the neighboring facilities as well as shown an introduction video and ended with a skills test. I dont think I did too well as my mind wasn't as prepared and fresh to answer but I was eventually chosen, so perhaps it was more to gauge my current understanding.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Cameras and film equipment?   Answer Question

Instructor, College Or University Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the department chair by a friend who taught there. I sent my CV and bio and was contacted by the chair for an interview. I met with her and was hired with the condition that I come in and teach a mock class to a select group of faculty and students.

Interview Questions

• She asked me about my experience teaching and my professional experiences. Asked about my availability etc.   Answer Question

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (Burbank, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Simple, but pretty drawn out. Pointless testing of knowledge for programs. Applied online, sat down 1-on-1, took a test, got an offer a few days later. Corporate process of hiring takes too long.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a school before.   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at New York Film Academy (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

In person. The president asked me to work for them. He wanted to see my work. Asked if I've ever worked on advertising. Asked me, what my vision is. What do I think I would do there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Film Academy in October 2013.

Interview

Very fast interview process. The interviews were short and to the point. Scheduling the interviews was a little disorganized. Completing paperwork after beginning the job was also all over the place but managed to get my first check on time.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (Burbank, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty fun and welcoming, extending the prospective teacher the opportunity to teach a mock class and receive questions and feedback from chairs and CEO. However, even at this early stage of the process, I sensed some hostility between the faculty chairs and the executive members.

Interview Questions

• How will you make your material reflect the "hands-on" nature of filmmaking?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Film Academy (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It involved a hands on test to see your ability to work with the cameras they use at the film academy and a written test as well. Personality and connections will help you get through the door as well. Be calm, knowledgable and likable and you will probably be a shoe in.