New York Life Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Submit resume. Phone interview. Later, site interview by different team members. The interview is hard. They will ask you about your computer skills. Basically, you need to know as many software as possible to obtain an entry level actuarial job. They will ask you about what achievement you made while previous jobs. In short, you have to be a superman to get an actuarial job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The process was ridiculously long and unprofessional.

Started with a phone interview- heard back in 2 weeks for another phone interview- said I'd hear "soon". Didn't hear for 2 weeks- emailed him. He said "oh yeah we want you to come in"

Went to NYC for the interview. Waited in the HR lobby for 25 minutes before someone came to see why I was there. Had an all day interview in both the NYC and Westchester office. Told me I'd hear back in a week.

2.5 weeks later I emailed them. He responded within an hour basically saying "sorry we forgot- you didn't get it."

I was extremely turned off by the whole process. I spoke to a number of people and each one was unprofessional and non-responsive. I can not understand how anyone would want to work at a place that treated you this way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the junior actuaries at the firm. I got the interview by speaking to a New York Life representative at a career fair at my school. The questions were very typical behavior questions, and the interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. This was an initial screening, and therefore many people were invited.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a communication problem that you have had.   Answer Question