New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

Actuarial Interview

Interview

The first run is a campus interview and were all behavior questions. The second run interview was on-site. It was pretty intensive with five actuaries back-to-back interviews. The questions mixed with behavior and basic math logic questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a mutual life insurance company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about three weeks. I received a phone interview with all behavioral kind question, the interviewer did not put in effort trying to know you, felt like the interviewer just reading questions off the list.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview. The interview was 20 minutes. It was easy. Why actuary, walk through resume and behavioral questions. No technical questions. Put emphasis on excel/ software skills. Questions being asked: tell me a time when you had a conflict with a teammate.
    tell me an excel project you've done.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had a conflict with a teammate.
      tell me an excel project you've done.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

very fair phone interview. Typical resume question. two weeks after flew to NYC, very nice peoples, 5 interviews. lot of behavioral questions and business knowledge questions. lunch interview as well. was a nice experience overall. I thought I got the thing but unfortunately it did not work out. Very very nice and huge actuarial program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone interview about 2 weeks.
    Most are behavior questions. And there are some questions related to annuity and actuarial exams you have taken. For example, Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?

Interview Questions

• Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus recruiting web and got interview invitation after one week. The first round interview was not hard as I expected. He asked some basic behavior questions like why this company and why this job. Then asked several questions on projects I've done before. Asked some technical terms in my resume but didn't go too deep.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, then brought into the home office for several in person interviews. Mostly resume type questions with some technical ones thrown in, really depends on who interviews you. Got back relatively quickly with each new step of the process, about 1-2 weeks between contact.

Interview Questions

• Name some risks associated with a life insurance policy.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life in September 2015.

Interview

I had the phone interview for the first round and they went through very details of my resume like type of roles I did for the specific experience, and they also asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe more about experience (from my resume)?   1 Answer

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a few weeks later. Lasted about 25 minutes. Very friendly and kind. Resume scan to confirm everything I had written. Basic behavioral questions followed by some other questions along with a 5 minute interval to ask the interviewer some questions. Very natural and professional interviewer. Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What do know about New York LIfe?
      Tell me about your experiences with Excel
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied directly through Careers section cold (without connections) in early September. Had two half hour phone screenings, flown up for in-office interview in mid/late October (extremely pleasant experience--they took care of flight/hotel/car service and were very hospitable about it), received offer late October!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, one or two analytical questions about cash flows and pricing premiums   Answer Question