New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about three weeks. I received a phone interview with all behavioral kind question, the interviewer did not put in effort trying to know you, felt like the interviewer just reading questions off the list.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

very fair phone interview. Typical resume question. two weeks after flew to NYC, very nice peoples, 5 interviews. lot of behavioral questions and business knowledge questions. lunch interview as well. was a nice experience overall. I thought I got the thing but unfortunately it did not work out. Very very nice and huge actuarial program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone interview about 2 weeks.
    Most are behavior questions. And there are some questions related to annuity and actuarial exams you have taken. For example, Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?

Interview Questions

• Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus recruiting web and got interview invitation after one week. The first round interview was not hard as I expected. He asked some basic behavior questions like why this company and why this job. Then asked several questions on projects I've done before. Asked some technical terms in my resume but didn't go too deep.

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a few weeks later. Lasted about 25 minutes. Very friendly and kind. Resume scan to confirm everything I had written. Basic behavioral questions followed by some other questions along with a 5 minute interval to ask the interviewer some questions. Very natural and professional interviewer. Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What do know about New York LIfe?
      Tell me about your experiences with Excel   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a phone interview about two weeks later. Simple behavioral questions and nothing too unexpected. I got emailed back again to say that i made it to the next round of interviews

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Phone interview first. Why NY Life? Previous work experience. Difficulties you had to deal with. Leadership experiences.
    I didnt feel like i did well but I got to the on site, haven't had it yet.

Interview Questions

• What are advantages and disadvantages of a mutual insurance company?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

It only took them a day to contact me via email after I submitted my online application. I had my first phone screening after 3 days. Then in about 10 days, I did my second round phone interview. Both interviews were highly behavioral with barely any technical question. Then I was invited on-site. Five people interviewed me one after another and each interview lasted exactly 30 minutes. After five interviews, I went out for lunch with two actuarial students. The on-site interviews were slightly more technical than the phone screenings, but they were still pretty easy. Overall, it was a great experience interviewing with the company. I thought I did pretty well during the on-site interview, but unfortunately, I did not get an offer.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I got an email with the possibility of an interview. It was a phone interview. Questions about 1. tell me about a time when your leadership style failed? 2. tell me one the excel projects you did

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Very efficient. Only made it to phone interview. Basically behavioral questions and some questions about resume. The interviewer was a student and was very nice. She asked me to tell her about myself and why I wanted to be an actuary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership skills and failed.   Answer Question