New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life in September 2015.

Interview

I had the phone interview for the first round and they went through very details of my resume like type of roles I did for the specific experience, and they also asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe more about experience (from my resume)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Elizabeth, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview was done with Department director, manager and one other manager level person. Interview lasted about an hour with general questions. It was very pleasant experience and I regret that I did not do better.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

The first run is a campus interview and were all behavior questions. The second run interview was on-site. It was pretty intensive with five actuaries back-to-back interviews. The questions mixed with behavior and basic math logic questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a mutual life insurance company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

very fair phone interview. Typical resume question. two weeks after flew to NYC, very nice peoples, 5 interviews. lot of behavioral questions and business knowledge questions. lunch interview as well. was a nice experience overall. I thought I got the thing but unfortunately it did not work out. Very very nice and huge actuarial program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone interview about 2 weeks.
    Most are behavior questions. And there are some questions related to annuity and actuarial exams you have taken. For example, Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?

Interview Questions

• Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on campus recruiting web and got interview invitation after one week. The first round interview was not hard as I expected. He asked some basic behavior questions like why this company and why this job. Then asked several questions on projects I've done before. Asked some technical terms in my resume but didn't go too deep.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted a job application online and heard back within a week for a phone interview. After the initial phone interview I was contacted for an in office interview. I drove home from school in order to interview for the company and had a half day interview where I met with five different employees ranging from actuarial associates to directors and VPs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how their different life insurance products work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Very efficient. Only made it to phone interview. Basically behavioral questions and some questions about resume. The interviewer was a student and was very nice. She asked me to tell her about myself and why I wanted to be an actuary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership skills and failed.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, then brought into the home office for several in person interviews. Mostly resume type questions with some technical ones thrown in, really depends on who interviews you. Got back relatively quickly with each new step of the process, about 1-2 weeks between contact.

Interview Questions

• Name some risks associated with a life insurance policy.   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview a few weeks later. Lasted about 25 minutes. Very friendly and kind. Resume scan to confirm everything I had written. Basic behavioral questions followed by some other questions along with a 5 minute interval to ask the interviewer some questions. Very natural and professional interviewer. Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What do know about New York LIfe?
      Tell me about your experiences with Excel
      Answer Question