New York Life Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.3

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Norfolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The first interview was simply to get to know me. The agent who conducted the interview was very nice and straightforward about what I would need to do in the job. New York Life very obviously wants to hire you if you will put in the hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in your current job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Charlotte, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was great, they just try to get to know you to see if your personality and motives would be a good fit for the position. They'll also tell you a little bit of prelim info about what the job entails and will ask some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email by a company recruiter. I arrived at the office and I had to register by filling out a questionnaire in the lobby's iPads. I was then greeted by the recruiter (Partner), and I was then brought to a computer lab where I had to fill out another questionnaire. There were mostly behavioral and demographic questions. Many of the questions were about my previous income, current one, and future expectations.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. I handed her my resume and she asked a little bit about what was in my resume. However, she did give me information about the position, the company, and what to expect about the job. She answered all my questions professionally and realistically. She said there's a base salary for agents.

The same day of the interview she sent me an email with two links, one to complete a "resume background," this for the background check, and the other is to schedule an appointment for my finger prints. I have another interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take this job.   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life in May 2017.

Interview

First Interview was a meeting with the head branch hiring manager to see if you are qualified to move forward in the process. You are given a personality exam to see if you score in their ranger as a qualified applicant.

Interview Questions

• Basic general questions getting to know me and my background to see if I am a good fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long. An initial Phone screen, and than three following in person interviews. last one was with a group. the phone screen and first two in person interviews were with a partner. than the last group interview was with the managing partner, like a presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews with the same partner. First was all about asking about myself. Second was about the organization and the products available. Third is about the compensation structure. Interviewer was incredibly passionate. Overall it was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews with the managing partner. The first interview was mostly a review of your own personal abilities to gauge if you are competent enough to responsibly represent New York Life. Easy. The second interview was an introduction and thorough explanation of the job life of an agent. The second interview included an introduction of the products that you would be selling. At the third interview, my wife was invited to attend. This interview was intended to create buy-in for myself and my wife. The reason for this interview is because the pay is 100% commission based. If you are the sole income for your family, your paycheck will likely not be regular in the first 3-5 years.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel about meeting new people and asking them to take time out of their day to talk to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted by a template recruiting email, thanked them but said I wasn't into sales, asked to meet me anyway and was told there are other positions, met, peaked my curiosity, went through four more rounds of meetings / interviews, did full background and financial check, was offered a position in management once I proved myself as an Agent. (Which I later learned it's still all about sales no matter how you slice it.)

Basically, I was "sold" by master salespeople to be a salesperson when I said I wasn't interested in a full-time sales position. How 'bout that?

Interview Questions

• More along the lines of personality-type of questions, what I wanted for myself / family, am I willing to put in 80 hours a week to succeed, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Honolulu, HI) in January 2017.

Interview

No process, they will pretty much hire anyone who can speak.
    Threre is very little selection and they just want to make sure you will do it full time and not on the side.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 step program , interview then back ground check, then offer and pay scale if you are Tas Agent
    on every commission dollar you bring they give you % ...