New York Life Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Agent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted by a template recruiting email, thanked them but said I wasn't into sales, asked to meet me anyway and was told there are other positions, met, peaked my curiosity, went through four more rounds of meetings / interviews, did full background and financial check, was offered a position in management once I proved myself as an Agent. (Which I later learned it's still all about sales no matter how you slice it.)

Basically, I was "sold" by master salespeople to be a salesperson when I said I wasn't interested in a full-time sales position. How 'bout that?

Interview Questions

• More along the lines of personality-type of questions, what I wanted for myself / family, am I willing to put in 80 hours a week to succeed, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 step program , interview then back ground check, then offer and pay scale if you are Tas Agent
    on every commission dollar you bring they give you % ...

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

You are called in, and you are supposed to give 3 references on the spot (I don't think they called any of mine). You are educated on the history of NYL etc. and some of the details of the job. Second interview is explaining the compensation, and third is the contract (this is where you sign).

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Long, it can take months before you see a dollar. The commissions are enhanced the first year but you can't receive until you reach a minimum commission amount. There are no leads given and many of the applications are denied so it can be frustrating living without income for a while. Many products you can't sell until you become registered so it limits you in your approach. They also post your progress as well as other agents progress on line in a competitive manner which entices people to write contracts that may not go through or lead to commission.

Interview Questions

• Criminal history, credit, outside business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (Stratford, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

was very quick which made it seem like they would hire anyone with a heartbeat since there is no base salary. No academic based questions, just trying to figure out who you are.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Very professional, asked some typical interview questions in order to know more about you. It feels like they would hire anyone who apply. The overall mood of the interview was very laid back, the recruiter was very friendly and quick to give information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I'm actually still in the interview process, but after finishing my first interview yesterday...I definitely left very interested in the company. It wasn't hard at all. It was basically a "tell-me-about-yourself-and-your-goals" type of interview. It was straight up and I felt comfortable enough asking any questions that I had about the company. That interview was finished with a personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Really easy, the first time you meet with the hiring professional they ask mostly about your personality and how competitive you are. Second interview they explain you about the company and how you are going to make money. Third interview you start receiving some classes and guidance until the moment when you get your first license and then a final test where depending on your results you get selected or not

Interview Questions

• How do you handle competition or comission based project   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

They spent a lot of time getting to know me-
    Very informative and upfront
    A little dragged out- 4 interviews/meetings before getting licensed
    Licensing and contracting took a long time as well - not necessarily their fault but still time consuming. Needed a lot of information

Interview Questions

• Asked about my future plans- if management was on my career path   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It is a thorough process that will show you the potential to make substantial income. That being said, you need to have a good network of people to reach out to. If you

Interview Questions

• Can you set two appointments each day every day for some time in the future?   Answer Question