New York Life Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email by a company recruiter. I arrived at the office and I had to register by filling out a questionnaire in the lobby's iPads. I was then greeted by the recruiter (Partner), and I was then brought to a computer lab where I had to fill out another questionnaire. There were mostly behavioral and demographic questions. Many of the questions were about my previous income, current one, and future expectations.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. I handed her my resume and she asked a little bit about what was in my resume. However, she did give me information about the position, the company, and what to expect about the job. She answered all my questions professionally and realistically. She said there's a base salary for agents.

The same day of the interview she sent me an email with two links, one to complete a "resume background," this for the background check, and the other is to schedule an appointment for my finger prints. I have another interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take this job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I'm actually still in the interview process, but after finishing my first interview yesterday...I definitely left very interested in the company. It wasn't hard at all. It was basically a "tell-me-about-yourself-and-your-goals" type of interview. It was straight up and I felt comfortable enough asking any questions that I had about the company. That interview was finished with a personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but not difficult. First stage was a company presentation with questions regarding education, experience, and insurance or financial background. A little bit of family information questions were asked, but nothing prying or of a deeply personal nature. Second stage is the compensation overview. It took an hour and a half and it is quite detailed and fairly complex. I have not attended the third interview yet, which will be on the marketing plan and should take an additional hour. I expect an offer to follow.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question, but age old in interviews, that was asked was "tell me about yourself."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I gave my resume to a head hunter at my university job fair and received a call a couple weeks later from a manager. First interview basic questions but vague about job duties. Declined second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Detroit, MI) in June 2010.

Interview

The initial phone call after applying was the following day and details about the position were very clear. This was a sales job, you would be selling life insurance and financial products. After walking into the office I was greeted and handed a packet of information about what the career involved and what the company could offer me if I were the right fit. I was then taken to a conference room with 6-8 other people who were there to interview for the same position. We were given a presentation about the company, how the hiring process works, and the possibilities for advancement within the company. Overall I was impressed with the presentation and the no nonsense approach taken about the position.

The basic overview is that there is money to be made selling insurance, but you have to work to get it. They didn't pitch it as a get quick rich idea, you were going to work for every dollar with your first two years being the worst of your career. After that you have renewals to earn from plus whatever you go get on your own.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about New York Life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Wichita, KS) in February 2010.

Interview

it was a quick process, so be sure to do your research and ask lots of questions. There is a lot of information that you may not be aware of, and if they give you an indirect response, ask it again. Ask to see the data to back their answers up regarding compensation and costs to get started. The timeline for starting is confusing, and it is difficult to figure out what is true and what isn't.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about life insurance and have you personally been affected by the product?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in November 2011.

Interview

Partner was nice. I just get the feeling that they are telling you everything great about the position and leaving out all the bad.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life in September 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after I initiated a phone call to new york life.
    Was approached in Bellevue Wa. Area but had relocation issues. Was then offered follow up interview in ut. Beautiful building in Sandy I have to say impressive considering metropolitan life in bellevue is quite sophisticated. Very classy offices, like something you see in the movie the devil wears prada.
    Getting second interview on Monday, hope for success and hope that I wont get the 200 list.

J

Interview Questions

• Do you have anymore questions about the company?   1 Answer