New York Life Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Unorganized, and lengthy. The company hasn't done much hiring from outside sources. They like to move people around from within. It makes new hires feel like trespassers. They used one of my (2)interviews as a training guide.

Interview Questions

• Do you like short work weeks (37.5 hours)?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Met with HR and then was eventually contacted to meet with the hiring area, where I met with two people. Then returned again for a technical interview. After a long delay and little feedback, I was offered the position. Each round of interviews was generally a positive experience, however I wasn't completely certain of how well the later interviews went.

Interview Questions

• Details about prior experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. The interviewers were generally very pleasant and seemed content. They spent a lot of time explaining the role which I appreciated. The job was just not a good fit.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I had to meet with 3 different managers. This was the 3rd position that I applied for and was hired for, in my career with NYL, and that seems to be the norm. The interview and hiring process is very slow, and if it is an internal move, managers tend to delay the transition. Sometimes they battle it out, Hunger's Game style.

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle within your current role, and how did you overcome it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Harrisburg, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. No Stress - very informal - interview was scheduled after-hours and convenient. Interview was a 4-step process. 1st - get to know each other 2nd learn the job 3rd learn the training program 4th learn the compensation plan. The manager who I met with was very nice and easy to discuss the job with.

wrong job for now

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Just make sure they get that you want a stable long term employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiation. My only regret. Make sure to negotiate at least 4k above their offer