New York Life Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

There is nothing much since I was referred by an existing employee. It was only one round of Technical in person interview and another round to speak with Manager. They havent asked much in Technical interview. It was mainly about the presentation and programming skills. I was given a scenario and I solved the problem.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Quick interview for data analyst. I was asked some basic questions about excel and databases. Overall it was fairly basic. The best thing about the future is a good one and I love you so much for me to get the best way of the day before I get

Interview Questions

• What types of advanced functions have you used in excel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume and coverletter online through Company's website. Received a call from HR coordinator to schedule a phone interview with her. Afterwords, interviewed over the phone with a business-line manager. Straightforward process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2009.

Interview

I was emailed by a senior adviser at New York Life after he saw my resume on Career Builder. I was invited to a group interview at the office where we were asked questions regarding our knowledge of basic economic and financial concepts as well as about our professional background. I was surprised at how little my fellow candidates knew. I was called back for a one on one interview and was really excited about trying out a career with NYL. However, the online application was particularly tedious and basically involved documenting every single address, job, school, earnings, etc one had in the past ten years. Ten card was standard as well for FTC background check. For a totally commission based position I decided it was too risky for my then bleak financial situation but hope to give it another try.