New York Life Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

You have a phone interview, if you pass that process you will be sent to an in-person interview. After the in person interview, just background check and drug screening. The interview process was pretty quick and New York Life seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then one-one with department members. Told me the day-to-day responsibilities. Weeks later and went to the application site and saw I was not selected. No email from HR and to find out myself. Not very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2017.

Interview

It was short and consisted of behavioral questions. It was a a one on one interview and at the end she asked me to write a cover letter on why she should hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Over 30 questions some of the same questions does not give people a chance interviewed with vice president she suck never would work out as long as she's there

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There was an over the phone interview and an in person interview. The over the phone interview was used to see if you would make it to the next level, which was the in person interview. There was also a skills assessment that was used to see how you would respond to certain scenarios when a call came in to the customer service department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have some flexibility with what your schedule will be since they have early morning shifts, mid day shifts and evening shifts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Overland Park, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

A phone screen was set up first, waited a few days after to get an e-mail requesting a face to face interview. The interview was with a group of managers all at once where they each asked questions in an open way, not just reading from a sheet or taking turns but based on a pre-set list of questions. They asked questions about previous work experience as well as some standard questions (ex. Why did you apply to New York Life?). Overall it was not an unusually easy or difficult interview, if you prepare you should do well.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you looking for in a manager?
      Q: Why attracted you about this job and company?
      Q: What are your skills related to software/technology related to this job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was at a hiring agency not at the company building. Interview took approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Recruiter had an office that was provided to him for interviews. He asked me a few questions on my insurance background, licensing, and asked me if i was going to have any issues with the proposed work schedule should I be hired. After interview was concluded I was informed that I would be called in a few days if they decide to hire me. A few days later I was informed by the hiring agency that I had been hired and received instructions via email on what to expect/things that i needed to get done.

Interview Questions

• Schedule conflict based questions. Will you be able to work evenings, etc. Previous employment history/experience in call center work and reason for leaving previous employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by the physical, face to face interview the following week.

The phone interview was very typical. I was asked about my previous employment history and asked a couple of behavioral questions.

During the face to face interview, I met with two of the floor managers separately. We went more in-depth about my skills and abilities and how well I would be able to handle the stress of the job. (The job wasn't stressful at all). After meeting with the two managers, I was told that I would receive notification about their decision by the end of the week. However, I went home and received a phone call within a couple of hours offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   5 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first then if you do well in that, you meet with your perspective manager and the VP of the department. They ask normal interview questions and want to make sure that you are capable of multiple tasking. Let them know you're a fast learner and that you relish being under pressure

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why us, etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is pretty low and in order to get paid for OT you have to get approved by your manager first

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Lakewood, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview with two managers and last all of 10 minutes and I got a rejection the same day. I was under the impression that they already had someone else in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position   1 Answer