New York Life Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in May 2017.

Interview

A HR Rep will send you an email to schedule an interview. Then on you're phone interview the main question was what do you know about the position your applying for and what do you know about the company. It's a 15 min phone interview than you're advised that you're resume will be forwarded to a supervisor that will contact you in 10 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company?
    What do you do at your current job?
    Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

You have a phone interview, if you pass that process you will be sent to an in-person interview. After the in person interview, just background check and drug screening. The interview process was pretty quick and New York Life seems like a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR then one-one with department members. Told me the day-to-day responsibilities. Weeks later and went to the application site and saw I was not selected. No email from HR and to find out myself. Not very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Worst interview process, they drag you on for months with minimal follow up. Interviewers are very condescending during interview. They tell you you'll hear about next steps in x days but then will take WEEKS to return calls or emails. Very intense 4+ interviews process for an entry level position that with all due I am very qualified for. Ended up withdrawing application bc they told me they'd have an answer within 2 weeks of my initial interview and three months and 4 interviews later still waiting on a decision if they'll hire me or need to have a 5th interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2017.

Interview

It was short and consisted of behavioral questions. It was a a one on one interview and at the end she asked me to write a cover letter on why she should hire me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life in December 2016.

Interview

Received emails, took an assessment test online and got a reply the following day. Was not able to get hired because I didn't meet the maximum speed limit of typing words.

Interview Questions

• Why I like customer service? how I handled a difficult customer. Client is always right.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Over 30 questions some of the same questions does not give people a chance interviewed with vice president she suck never would work out as long as she's there

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There was an over the phone interview and an in person interview. The over the phone interview was used to see if you would make it to the next level, which was the in person interview. There was also a skills assessment that was used to see how you would respond to certain scenarios when a call came in to the customer service department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have some flexibility with what your schedule will be since they have early morning shifts, mid day shifts and evening shifts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Overland Park, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

A phone screen was set up first, waited a few days after to get an e-mail requesting a face to face interview. The interview was with a group of managers all at once where they each asked questions in an open way, not just reading from a sheet or taking turns but based on a pre-set list of questions. They asked questions about previous work experience as well as some standard questions (ex. Why did you apply to New York Life?). Overall it was not an unusually easy or difficult interview, if you prepare you should do well.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you looking for in a manager?
      Q: Why attracted you about this job and company?
      Q: What are your skills related to software/technology related to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was at a hiring agency not at the company building. Interview took approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Recruiter had an office that was provided to him for interviews. He asked me a few questions on my insurance background, licensing, and asked me if i was going to have any issues with the proposed work schedule should I be hired. After interview was concluded I was informed that I would be called in a few days if they decide to hire me. A few days later I was informed by the hiring agency that I had been hired and received instructions via email on what to expect/things that i needed to get done.

Interview Questions

• Schedule conflict based questions. Will you be able to work evenings, etc. Previous employment history/experience in call center work and reason for leaving previous employment.   Answer Question