New York Life Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Director Interview Questions

3.5

Director Interview

Interview

Had three interviews. First was to meet the hiring manager. The second was to meet some of the team members. And the third was to meet the head of the department. Each phase took a few weeks in between to coordinate dates and times. But overall, it was a very smooth process. I was quizzed on my knowledge of the company. Fortunately I had taken the time to read up via the firm's web site. This seemed to be a key component during my interview as it showed my interest in more than just attaining a higher salary.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I had to overcome over the past year, and how did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Three interview process. Initial phone screen for 30 minutes. Second interview face to face for 1 to 11/2 hours include deeper dive into background and experience with behavior based questions. Third interview with hiring manager's supervisor to validate management and leadership skills, EQ, and cultural fit assessment

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Referred by a friend to apply. Spoke on the phone with manager once. Sat for an hour interview with manager and sr. manager. Got an offer in two weeks. No pressure work environment.

Interview Questions

• We all work overtime here.. will you have problems working late hours and not getting extra compensation for the extra hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for an extra $5K a year and got it.