New York Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Huntsville, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and a brief introduction of each of the interviewees and the interviewer. During the interview they also had shown what they had to offer. By the end we were asked to do a test and complete a background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in January 2017.

Interview

recruiter reached out to me and set up a quick phone screening/interview. Scheduled an in person interview but during the process learned that the job just wasn't for me. Overall it is a fairly simple process and they do a pretty good job of explaining what to expect.

Interview Questions

• What is something you can tell me about yourself that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an e-mail from company's recruitment director that my resume has been found on monster.com and if I can meet for an interview in their office. It was a simple HR kind of interview and thereafter I was asked to undertake an online personality assessment test. As soon as I was done with it, I got e-mail for the next round however, I decided not to pursue the opportunity further as I was looking for a different role/profile.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Few basic and a few behavioral interview questions, overall the first interview took about 30 mins. Got called for 2 interviews before the job offer. Very friendly and professional interviewer

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that I can't find on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email invitation to apply for the job through ZipRecruiter. An interview was scheduled two days after using 1-Click Apply to submit my resume. The interviewer was a partner trying to build his team. After interview, I was asked to fill a questionnaire on computer for personality test.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. Find more and more about how this company is trying to throw you into the ocean to drown as each interview progresses. Do research beforehand to make sure this is something you want to do.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a 3 step interview, in the first meeting you will discuss how the company's work and you need to make a personal test, then if they consider that you can be qualified they will set up a 2nd meeting, 2 hours conference with a partner, and they will explain more deeply about the company and compensation, and finally the 3rd step will be another interview with the partner who will be your mentor.

Interview Questions

• Your hobbies?
      What are the most important things for a good sales person?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. The job ad that was grammatically and structurally incorrect. Then I was scheduled to speak to a hiring manager. The recruiter told me different things than the hiring manager regarding the position. They were both very vague on salary, actual duties, etc. They then had me take an online test, and later wanted to give them personal information. Seemed very odd and almost like a scam, which is weird for a big company like this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Went smoothly. Working solely on commission is not for me though. Nice people. Very professional. I pretty much sat through the interview to get more interview experience and gain a small amount of information just in case, but I was told this job might not be my best fit and it ended up not being a good fit at all. Not sure who really wants to work full time on commission only and pester family/friends to sign up for insurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewer briefly explained how you would have to go through a 4-process interview, wherein afterwards they would train you for 2-3 months to become a Financial Adviser. He then asked me if I had any questions before explaining that I would have to build my own clientele since the job is 100% commission.

Interview Questions

I don't think I have the skillset nor the social aspects to acquire a clientele that would give me the commission selling life insurance.