New York Life Financial Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

"Financial Planner" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Berwyn, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

High promises with lots of fluff. The interview was 2 parts. The first was a phone interview. The other two were in person interviews. The pitch feels like that of a used car salesman. In the end, you must build your own clientele and there is no base salary. Unless you can make it 3 months or so before seeing money, look elsewhere and find a job with at least some form of a starting base salary...

Interview Questions

• Q. Please describe a time when you had to make a quick and difficult decision while at work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Exponential commission but no room for negotiation. No base salary.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was split over a few days. I would come back to discuss a different aspect of the job each time. It was very easy. The office was very nice, but the building was hidden down a long driveway. Everyone I met was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked questions about sales. The entire process was very short and they are always looking for new employees because of the nature of high turn over rates in sales companies like that. They look for personable people that seem like they can learn quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Providence, RI).

Interview

The interview process is a little extensive. Background check is very thorough. Be prepared to have accurate names, dates, and phone numbers of all of your employers!

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any specific questions that I considered difficult or unusual. Mostly a very straight forward description of where I worked and what I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really. Contract work.

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Basic interview questions. Easy interview format. Really it's a matter of looking at your work history and seeing how you could transition into a Financial Services field. And of course seeing that you have the potential to learn as the training process is 3 years and they really are looking for college grads.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you're earning what you're worth?   1 Answer