New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. A lot of work early on in the application process, in my experience this is consistent with positions with a high earning potential. I would suggest to do research and prepare for a long ramp up time. I did some research and NYL compensation estimates were verified by someone I trust in that field

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Bridgewater, MA).

Interview

Interview went well. There were 4 separate interviews which I guess would make sense for a large Fortune 100 Company. They were surprisingly honest and told me the pros and cons to working here. They're only looking for top people so they try to weed out the people who wouldn't make it. I think a lot of the complaints I've seen here are from people that really wouldn't do well here anyway so they were probably trying to get rid of them. Great company, great culture. Really happy I came to work here!

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Dayton, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring took forever as they kept saying that the approval process takes a while. I have worked in the financial field with other companies and they did not have a problem with getting me in and going right away. Partners are disingenuous with you to try to make It seem like you are fine

Financial Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the Senior Partners at New York Life after I submitted my resume to my school's career development service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you regret of doing or something you would done differently in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Antonio, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

Phone call from HR to set up personality & skills test. Then did one on one interview with direct manager, then second interview with other manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle another co-worker who accused you of being unprofessional?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process; 100% commission

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Ethic interview and communication skills, knowledge of financial product, your education level, your ability to pass computer exam for licensing, your desire to work with people and have no fixed salary. your flexibilty to work as long as you plan it. First interview was the partner of NYL and later i was introduced to the the Company Director.

Interview Questions

• How easy I can find people to communicate with?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. First there was an introductory interview with personality/compatibility quiz. Then the second interview went over a day/month/year in the life of an agent that ended with being given some homework which included a market survey questionnaire. Finally, the third interview talk about career path and compensation which ended in an offer

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection or hearing no?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I spent 1000 dollars to New York for this interview. It was horrible, the interview was scheduled on 1:30pm, however, I wait more than 15 min for the HR to see me. At the beginning of interview, she asked me to tell about myself. After that, when I mention I'm international student. she said this position didn't provide the sponsorship. You can tell me this before I spent the money for hotel and flight. totally waste money and time for this interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the principals of the agency. The gentleman I met with was very professional and made me feel comfortable. He asked several questions about my work history and what I wanted in the future. He also told me about himself and his family. There was no reason to be nervous because he was so relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I met with a partner in the office and we sat down one on one. Some aspects of my resume were talked about, but I think they are more trying to figure out if you could be a good salesman through asking certain questions about my perspectives on different businesses. They are more trying to figure out the way you think. The personality test is important though, as you may not be able to go on to continuing stages of interviewing if you don't pass.

Interview Questions

• Do you think rejection is the hardest part of being in sales?   Answer Question