New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Ethic interview and communication skills, knowledge of financial product, your education level, your ability to pass computer exam for licensing, your desire to work with people and have no fixed salary. your flexibilty to work as long as you plan it. First interview was the partner of NYL and later i was introduced to the the Company Director.

Interview Questions

• How easy I can find people to communicate with?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. First there was an introductory interview with personality/compatibility quiz. Then the second interview went over a day/month/year in the life of an agent that ended with being given some homework which included a market survey questionnaire. Finally, the third interview talk about career path and compensation which ended in an offer

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection or hearing no?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I spent 1000 dollars to New York for this interview. It was horrible, the interview was scheduled on 1:30pm, however, I wait more than 15 min for the HR to see me. At the beginning of interview, she asked me to tell about myself. After that, when I mention I'm international student. she said this position didn't provide the sponsorship. You can tell me this before I spent the money for hotel and flight. totally waste money and time for this interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

The managing partner reached out to me an offered the opportunity to begin my career with NYL. The first interview was a 1:1 introduction of getting to know one another a little background on the company. They have you complete a test similar to a Strength Finders quiz to gauge how well you might fit into the role. The second meeting was about compensation breakdown as well as the procedure for securing new clients.

Interview Questions

• If you're best friend and I were alone, what would he or she say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer talked a lot about what it would be like working as a sales agent for NYL. They basically will train you and you work on commission. The interviewer talked more than I did. She didn't even have my file on hand, didn't remember what and why my resume was chosen to the interview at the first place. She told me she had 8 interviews that day and I was her 9th interviewee. Felt like she also worked on commission to get as much people to work for them as possible. There were so many licenses I need to get in order to do the job, so in the end I felt like it was not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

In brief, this is a pyramid scheme. No compensation until you pass the licensure exam. They refuse to discuss compensation until 3rd round interview then quote you a 70k+/yr salary-zero guaranteed. Totally commission-based...some Republican drivel about "eating what you kill" (ad nauseam). Super entry-level.

Unless you really aspire to work in the CBD and wear a cheap suit to work, keep your service-industry job or gig with the girl scouts/Mary Kay cosmetics. I think there's probably more demand! Also you must have your own car so you can traverse the state like a Depression-era salesman in order to meet weekly/monthly sales targets.

Oh yeah, they run an intense background check on you after Round 1. I completed the same level of historical detail, addresses, and contacts when I applied for "Secret" clearance with the State Department! Absurd.

Interview Questions

• How would you find leads to meet your weekly/monthly sales objectives?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with one of the principals of the agency. The gentleman I met with was very professional and made me feel comfortable. He asked several questions about my work history and what I wanted in the future. He also told me about himself and his family. There was no reason to be nervous because he was so relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I met with a partner in the office and we sat down one on one. Some aspects of my resume were talked about, but I think they are more trying to figure out if you could be a good salesman through asking certain questions about my perspectives on different businesses. They are more trying to figure out the way you think. The personality test is important though, as you may not be able to go on to continuing stages of interviewing if you don't pass.

Interview Questions

• Do you think rejection is the hardest part of being in sales?   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Found job through my college recruitment site. They didn't ask me any questions right off the bat they wanted to know what questions I had for them. Easy interview bring good questions on to second round. Want me to complete an extensive background check read some materials and answer some questions. Also asked me if I have any friends looking for a job.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and asked why I'm transferring from marketing to sells. I explained in the email and got the interview. The interview was at NY Life in San Jose.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, mostly just chatting   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very chill I enjoyed the interview