New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

On site interview. Everything went fine until the managing partner knew that I do not have us citizenship or green card. They do not provide sponsorship and they do not want temporary employee regardless your qualification.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most interesting part in finance industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I only went to one interview because I wasn't interested in the job, but it was a pleasant experience. I was initially emailed very quickly after I applied online( literally within hours). I drove over to their San Jose office and had the interview in person. They had me take a little personality survey which was quick and easy. The interview was pleasant with the standard questions. I was given information about the position and then left. I was told I would be emailed to be told if I would go on to the next stage of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What did you think about on your drive over here?
      Tell me about this (something specific) on your resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic. Mostly behavior. You need to do some projects and assigned reading before coming in for the next interview. They want to see how you commit to the work they assigned,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Basic phone screening asking questions based off of your resume. Also asked about whether you have anything on your record that would be deemed as unprofessional, I.e. Criminal record or financial record with bankruptcy or huge outstanding loans and debt. Very simple and personality based to see how you communicate with others because this position requires good communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult part about being a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview has three part: phone call, first meeting, and second meeting. The whole process lasts three weeks. The phone call just about setting up the appointment of first meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. First there was an introductory interview with personality/compatibility quiz. Then the second interview went over a day/month/year in the life of an agent that ended with being given some homework which included a market survey questionnaire. Finally, the third interview talk about career path and compensation which ended in an offer

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection or hearing no?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Looong and basically keep you coming back several times and just start you in training with little explanation of the process. Felt like being sold a used car when they tried to make it official, cheesy lines from 1980 Me. Rogers' interview manual

Interview Questions

• Who do you know? How big is your personal market? Are you comfortable networking and asking people you know to do business with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online. First interview they asked basic questions about your background, experiences, etc. and explained the role a little more. In the second interview, they went into more detail about the company, the job, growth opportunities, etc.

Chose not to continue with the process. But in the second interview, you definitely get a better feel of whether or not this will be the right career for you.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Bridgewater, MA).

Interview

Interview went well. There were 4 separate interviews which I guess would make sense for a large Fortune 100 Company. They were surprisingly honest and told me the pros and cons to working here. They're only looking for top people so they try to weed out the people who wouldn't make it. I think a lot of the complaints I've seen here are from people that really wouldn't do well here anyway so they were probably trying to get rid of them. Great company, great culture. Really happy I came to work here!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Ethic interview and communication skills, knowledge of financial product, your education level, your ability to pass computer exam for licensing, your desire to work with people and have no fixed salary. your flexibilty to work as long as you plan it. First interview was the partner of NYL and later i was introduced to the the Company Director.

Interview Questions

• How easy I can find people to communicate with?   2 Answers