New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.3

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. First there was an introductory interview with personality/compatibility quiz. Then the second interview went over a day/month/year in the life of an agent that ended with being given some homework which included a market survey questionnaire. Finally, the third interview talk about career path and compensation which ended in an offer

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with rejection or hearing no?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Looong and basically keep you coming back several times and just start you in training with little explanation of the process. Felt like being sold a used car when they tried to make it official, cheesy lines from 1980 Me. Rogers' interview manual

Interview Questions

• Who do you know? How big is your personal market? Are you comfortable networking and asking people you know to do business with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online. First interview they asked basic questions about your background, experiences, etc. and explained the role a little more. In the second interview, they went into more detail about the company, the job, growth opportunities, etc.

Chose not to continue with the process. But in the second interview, you definitely get a better feel of whether or not this will be the right career for you.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Bridgewater, MA).

Interview

Interview went well. There were 4 separate interviews which I guess would make sense for a large Fortune 100 Company. They were surprisingly honest and told me the pros and cons to working here. They're only looking for top people so they try to weed out the people who wouldn't make it. I think a lot of the complaints I've seen here are from people that really wouldn't do well here anyway so they were probably trying to get rid of them. Great company, great culture. Really happy I came to work here!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Ethic interview and communication skills, knowledge of financial product, your education level, your ability to pass computer exam for licensing, your desire to work with people and have no fixed salary. your flexibilty to work as long as you plan it. First interview was the partner of NYL and later i was introduced to the the Company Director.

Interview Questions

• How easy I can find people to communicate with?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was not in the city so they processed an telephone for me. They do not provide travel reimbursement. Telephone interview is pretty easy. Basically ask about your background, your plan for next 2 years, your understanding for the position. At the mean time, they will explain the position and the company. Then I get an interview in nyc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

1 weeks after I applied online I received a call from HR to arrange an interview with the partner. I went to Edison, NJ office and waited for around 30 mins and had a 15 mins interview. He was friendly and a little bit aggressive, but very nice.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself, your idea about the job, your planning, etc. More about the information of NYL he tried to tell me.   Answer Question

Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 4 step process. The 1st step was a brief phone call giving me some quick details about the position as well as scheduling a interview in person. The 2nd step was the first interview which was one on one and about an hour long. They sat me at a computer so that i could fill out a personality test so that they could see my compatibility with the position. I then had a 30 min conversation with my interviewer who asked me about myself briefly then very vaguely described the position all while mentioning how great New York Life is as a company. Step 3 is the second interview where a new interviewer talks more about the company and the position itself as well as compensation. This meeting took about 2 hours and was allot more informative than the 1st meeting. The 4th step was that 3rd and final interview where they were going to get down to business a finally talk about all the little details and let me know if i will be hired. I never went to the last interview because i decided that this job was bit for me.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company that you would lie to work for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews with one of the partners. They focus on you as a person rather than your credentials. It is a sales job so they want to see if you can communicate well and work in a fast paced environment.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

My interview was directly with one of the partner's of the firm instead of starting off with a Human Resource person because I was referred by one of my friends. The partner of the firm told me that I had a very impressive resume and asked me to tell him my I wanted to work for New York Life instead of investment banking. After standard interview questions he told me about himself and his vision to build the biggest unit in New York Life. I was told immediately after the interview that I got the job and to report in the coming Monday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why New York Life instead of Investment banking or Wealth Management?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What can you do for me?   Answer Question