New York Life Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Carmel, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

It was an easy and clear interview. The interview did not take more than 15 minutes. I got an email a week later about not to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the whole interview process. The first interview is easy and I just sit there and listen to the partner to introduce the overall of the company and the basic roles of the position. I did not apply it but they found me on career builder and set up the interview with me very quickly. On the phone, they gave me the job title, when I asked them to send me a full job description, they did not. Overall, the first interview is a 10-15 min presentation from the partner. After that, if you still get interested in the position, they put you in a second interview which is about an hour presentation explaining how the compensation works.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

I was reached out to through Linkdin and set up an interview a few days afterwards. The interview was straight forward; basic questions like, "are you a self-starter/go-getter", etc. Overall very little was said in terms of the actual position and how things would work if I was offered a position and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

They Email you to get availibility then you go in for the interview. There was a presentation about this role described in depth. Then you go back for a second interview if you choose. The interview isn't bad at all. The people I met with were lively. Just know that this position is sales so you must have an affinity for that.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just conversation. Some questions about goals, strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed by a lady I think she was the HR lady. Then they wanted me to go in for a second interview with someone else which was pretty laid back and they also showed the compensation plans etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was unprofessional. I responded to the phone and he said he was in a meeting and did not respond back. I waited for the reply for the whole day. Then someone else called and gave me some accurate and less accurate information. During the interview, the manager was over 20 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview questions. He said he will only tell me about the bad stuff and if I wanted to come back, he would then tell me about the good stuff. I did not know if he wanted me or not. It did not make sense and he rushed and forgot to give me a packet.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at my university. This review was more about convincing me that I should work for them than it was about me talking about why I am qualified. I was told the interview will be about 20 minutes and I spent almost an hour with the interviewer. Additionally, once he called the week after the interview, I shared with him that unfortunately, the job would not work for me. A job description was not given and once I looked over the packet I was given at the interview, it looked like the job was a sales job while I was looking for something completely different. He was pretty rude to me after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied for the positions through my schools career website and was contacted for an interview. At the first interview they tell you about the company and the position and training involved. I was asked to go to a second interview where I was able to ask any questions and discuss the position more in depth. I choose not to pursue this job any further.

Application

Interview

Selling pitch--endless growth possibility, selling insurance, commission based (solely), family & friends are your network. Call from recruiter, then one on one interview. Research company functions, products, services. Prepare to sell the products to family and friends

Interview Questions

• How will you expand your network to reach new customer base?   1 Answer

Commissioned based salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Providence, RI) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed for the Financial Services Representative position. The process took about two weeks, but I had a phone screening interview and then a personal interview with a managing director. After taking a candidate profile test, I was going to be connected with a partner with New York Life.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were behavioral. They were trying to get to know me and they led me ask them questions regarding the company and the position.   Answer Question