New York Life Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.2

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a process of 3 interviews.1st and 2nd were me telling about myself and asking what the job really entails.3rd one was pretty much a meeting where they explained how the training works.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in life?
    General Background...It was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I have went for interviews three times. The first one is telling you the basic information and ask some regular questions then they will invite you for a commission meeting. After the third meeting with my recruiter, we have scheduled for the fourth one. But when I tried to contact him, he didn't reply my mail without any explanation. I feel like I wasted my time for the long process and got such a result.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for a sales representative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They​ take you through a series of interviews, 4 in total. I only did the first one which was just to get to know you and for them to familiarize you with New York Life and the position you are applying for. They were friendly and welcoming. However, they should be more upfront about the fact that you are purely compensated by commission (i.e. no base salary). Because of that I chose not to continue.

Interview Questions

• What intrigued you about New York Life?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very transparent and informative. There were three rounds. The first interview was about 30 minutes, and consisted of me giving the employer a brief background on me, and in return him telling me about New York Life as a whole as well as a brief description of the position. The second round was more in depth, as he went over a lengthy powerpoint breaking down all of the aspects of the job and what would be expected of me. The third and final round interview was going over any further questions I had as well as breaking down the day by day of the potential job. I was given the task of coming up with a certain number of prospects and to come back with the names before I could start. Everyone I interviewed with was exceptionally amicable and driven, which is what made the process so seamless in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous employment experience, about my upbringing, as well as what got me interested in working with their company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Carmel, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

It was an easy and clear interview. The interview did not take more than 15 minutes. I got an email a week later about not to offer me the position.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

2 interviews (Career fair in campus and another at their office);
    Interviewer also addressed the need of passing license exams for health and life insurance through examfx. Exams can be difficult but around 30 hours of studying should be enough to pass the exams.

Interview Questions

• Professional goals; Interpersonal skills; Communication skills; Comfortable to talk with people;   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the whole interview process. The first interview is easy and I just sit there and listen to the partner to introduce the overall of the company and the basic roles of the position. I did not apply it but they found me on career builder and set up the interview with me very quickly. On the phone, they gave me the job title, when I asked them to send me a full job description, they did not. Overall, the first interview is a 10-15 min presentation from the partner. After that, if you still get interested in the position, they put you in a second interview which is about an hour presentation explaining how the compensation works.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

I was reached out to through Linkdin and set up an interview a few days afterwards. The interview was straight forward; basic questions like, "are you a self-starter/go-getter", etc. Overall very little was said in terms of the actual position and how things would work if I was offered a position and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

They Email you to get availibility then you go in for the interview. There was a presentation about this role described in depth. Then you go back for a second interview if you choose. The interview isn't bad at all. The people I met with were lively. Just know that this position is sales so you must have an affinity for that.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just conversation. Some questions about goals, strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed by a lady I think she was the HR lady. Then they wanted me to go in for a second interview with someone else which was pretty laid back and they also showed the compensation plans etc...