New York Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.5

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Introduced the company first, such as how they work, how they training their agent, then ask you some interview questions and take a assessment test. The whole process spend one week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough but casual interview process. The interviewer was very personable and friendly as well as knowledgeable.NYL seems to be a very ethical company and also very diverse. Overall it was a positive and informative interaction.

Interview Questions

• The 5 things you would like most in a job   2 Answers

Insurence Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a university career fair, and was contacted the next week to set up an interview. The interview took about an hour and besides the usual run through of my resume and past work experience, it was an informational session on the company and the position. I can definitely say that if you have the slightest bit of doubt that this is the career you want to choose, it isn't for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I received the email from NYL that asking if I am interested in the position in NYL and asking me applied online with the resume. Then I applied online. The processing only took 15-20mins after I applied. I got a phone call from NYL, and scheduled interview on 3 days later. I came to the location and waited the recuriter more than 30mins and talked only 20mins with him. Then he asked me to do the assessment and said the result will not come out until next week. Commission based salary.On the interview confirmation, he advised the parking and validation. After I completed the asssement, I asked the receptionist to do the parking validation, she said only the recuriter can do that, but she cannot contact him…what strange is it! I paid the parking $8and go. They are located in a beautiful building, people wear very professional, but their working attitude is unprofessional. Never come back

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life in September 2015.

Interview

I just did one interview as I realized the job was not for me. It was very smooth and the management makes sure to introduce you to the company and their beliefs. The manager was also very polite and made me feel very comfortable. I was asked just simple questions about my background, professional experience...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Syosset, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email, I responded, going on 1 week I haven't met with the director when I finally arrive, there was an emergency. Met with another associate took an assessment review and was given some material to check out and asked to contact recruiter to reschedule for the next day or so. Not sure if I want to go forward because I believe this is a commission based job and I need a sure thing not a wish and a pray with a struggle going forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you employed, what company did you work for, have you sold anything....sales job obviously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to all the hiring process i still study for my license, they pay for school and the first exam.But I realized that i need 200 prospective for start my book, and i found very difficult,first because someone Says "I don't wanna be bothered"second NYL doesn't provide any expense as long as you are able to close the minimum. I like my recruiter, he is very helpful, but I feel there s to much different between a rookie and a older agent, I mean about expenses allowances.I don't know if I keep going forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

First off, it's 3 step saga to get through the entire process. Recruiter contacted me & scheduled first "interview" . Upon arrival turns out there is 4 or 5 more of me expected to arrive as well? By interview they actually meant we sat captive for an hour listening to the head guy deliver this passionate story about the job the opportunity, the company....etc. No one talked but him. So before we get ready leave at the end he sends everyone a link for a personality profile test he asks us to fill out before we go & we would be contacted for a 2nd interview if we matched the criteria. If you get that call that will be an actual interview. I didn't like that I came prepared for an interview and basically was mislead by the recruiter about what I showed up for the first time. I should have taken that as a warning for how this guy runs his operation. I got to sit down for the 2nd round with another partner guy that actually manages in Chattanooga, not the guy that spoke to us(that's his boss,apparently?) I didn't get offered a job but he was very professional & followed up after our meeting promptly

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to be successful in your current business   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Wall, NJ).

Interview

Three interview process, 1st interview to get to know each other and the company. 2nd interview give an overview of the position and how to be successful. Given homework to call fifteen people you know and ask them to answer a questionnaire to get a feel and understand if you are able to complete the job requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and came in and met with the recruiter two days later. Good interview where recruiter extolled all the great virtues of the company. It's a great company, no denying that. Makes it sound very easy to succeed in the business. Came back a few days later for 2nd interview with managing director of office for ~30 mins then sat in a pre-training session with 2 others. Managing director gave me prospect forms to call people I know with a survey to get a feel for what the position would be like.