New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Lengthy but I like that. It shows they are not just hiring anyone. However, they make you start "working" as if you have been officially hired without finishing their hiring process. Unfortunately, after two months of doing work for them and letting friends and family know that I started working there, they have decided they wouldn't want to go forward because of answers on my application. It was extremely unprofessional. I would advise whoever is applying to make sure they get officially hired before starting putting any work and go to training and marketing yourself. I've never experienced such lack of professionalism and carelessness.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you to reach out to your warm market?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with the branch manager. The first one was with him and his assistant that allowed us to get to know each other and tell me about the company. The second was more in depth about the job and questions I had. The final interview was more about how compensation works and why I should work for them.

Interview Questions

• If someone that knew you was asked to describe you using five adjectives what would the be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called to go in for interview and dress professionally. I was ready and I research the company with the understanding I'll be working out of Glendale office. When I went in I was ready for at leat an hour interview and I had questions to ask. However, the young lady that interviewed me )later find out is recruiter working part time making $15.00 an hour). She didn't have much to say and I asked her my first quest and she didn't answer my question I asked again and she said that my job to sell insurance and she didn't want to explain to me the pay either. I didn't like the company or what they represent.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask me any questions really. She just said if I know about the them. I said yes and she said about selling insurance and that I have to bring my own leads that was it. Then she said are you interested to work for us and that was it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I got connected by email and then had a quick phone conversation to set up an interview. I went to go meet him at his office and had the interview in his office. It was a good interview and was very laid back. The only thing that I did not like is that at one point when I was giving him an answer, I noticed he was looking at his phone. I was not very happy about this so that is one of the reasons that I declined the position. He seemed to mostly just talk about how much money I would make which was nice but I am looking for more than that from a company. Seemed like there was so gray areas there that he was not addressing. Overall, it was a good experience but just not what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the hardest thing about insurance sales?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

They just want you to sell to your family and friends. They also said they would pay me in training. They also showed me a slide show about the company and the benefits of working for there, but the guy interviewing me went through it very quickly. I took a "test" at the end to see if I was fit to me a sales person.

Interview Questions

• What did I expect out of this interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Orange, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The human resources department emailed me first and sent me an online assessment to see if my personality satisfies their requirements. And then arranged an interview with a partner of their company. I did not continue the interviews since I found I should not be the right person to sale something to other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Within 12 hours of uploading my resume to GlassDoor, I had 5 emails from their search-bots. I also received one phone call. I'm a network engineer with over 25 years of experience. Supposedly they found my background and experience appealing. Hopefully GlassDoor will take steps to eliminate these bottom-feeders from the site.

Interview Questions

• Please take this "POP Screen"   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in August 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview. Went over the company and its long history. Went over the process to becoming an agent and was given a tour. He went over the expectations, training program and why he picked my resume. He was very friendly and put me at ease. I really felt at ease.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Tucson, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The guy was full of himself, said they interview 500 people a year and only hire 3 or 4. Didn't tell me much about the company just was saying you can make money if your determined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with regards of a job opening for Customer Support position, she submitted my application to NYL. The next day I received a call from the NYL partner. We talked about what I am looking for and he emailed me the 2 test (one for the ability to communicate with customers via telephone and chat; the other - a personality test) that I needed to pass. The next week we agreed on a face to face interview, very beautiful building, very professional. Then I watched a presentation about the company history and the sales process. It took an hour to cover all the information, very helpful and informative. That was when I understood that the opening was for an insurance sales agent and not the position that I initially had in mind.

Eventually I said that I need time to think about the offer, as it wasn't really what I was looking for. Still thinking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume.   Answer Question