New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at New York Life

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in June 2009.

Interview

I'm not exactly sure what their goal of the interview is. They tell you that they are doing a "screening process"
to see if the career is a good fit for you. Somehow it seems to me like they are just trying to get free hot leads. I'm not sure exactly what their recruiting structure is. They seem to withhold information for some time before they allow you access to it. Predominantly the commission information. Strange process.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions where asked, if any.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewer asked routine questions about my history, schooling, activities, etc. Then proceeded to give me a history and reasons to consider working for the number one insurance and financial service in the industry. The partner that interviewed me was very pleasant and enjoyable. They seemed very enthusiastic about their job and was very ambitious to add to his team.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a normal day of Sales and your route.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel like you could contribute to New York Life? Why should we consider you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

the interview was average, they ask you basic questions about the financial services industry. Your past sales experience, the amount of contacts you have (expecting between 100-200). Ask about your aspirations to start your own business, etc. Very professional, good interview

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the financial services industry   1 Answer
    • Have your or would you ever want to start your own business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Partner after applying for a sales job at this company. I was asked to come in at which point they asked me typical interview questions such as: what qualities make you suitable with you? how do you deal with rejection? name your best friend.... then five adjectives that your friend would give you. After 10 or so questions you are taken to a room for a personality test. Once you pass you talk with the partner again and get referred to the second group interview where they talk about salary, training, and compensation. The three are not discussed in the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 adjectives your best friend would describe you as.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Received a blast email which at the time I believed was a personal one as it referenced that they had seen my resume on a job site. They interview and "hire" 100 people a week. No salary just a commission and a lot of fluff about the great opportunity. The reality is it is a come one, come all, cattle call and everyone qualifies. It comes down to being given a phone and told to dial friends and family and sell them on insurance. Don't expect to last more than a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions, they don't ask anything, they just sell you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

10 Years Background Check and Fingerprints Check.
    It is necessary to hear to a week course of lectures. To buy the book - $100.00. Then it is necessary to hand over 2 computer examinations at office. After that you suppose to examination on Manhattan. To hand over it it is possible some time. Each examination - $50.00

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to trust their promises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Rye, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

was reached through my resume posted on careerbuilder.com. was asked to come in. reaced office. waited in lobby. met with interviewee. seemed to talk about her ex-bf too much. asked questions about myself, went over resume. asked details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a one-on-one meeting followed by a personality test. The meeting is more like a sales pitch and they're vague about what ,if any, salary is offered. The questions were mainly personality based to determine whether you are determined and have the drive necessary to succeed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

It is a long interview process (about different interviews). I am scheduled for a second interview with a sr partner. First interview lasted almost two hours and it was with a former sales agent that decided to go into management. So far both interviews have gone well, people are very pleasant and it seems that they want to make sure that you are fully aware of the cons and pros of becoming a financial service consultant (sales person)

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievment. Interview questions are traditional (non behavioral interview questions).   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in May 2009.

Interview

This consisted of three interviews a long way away, one interview with the local office and extensive screening online. One thing about the interviews, they're more like presentations to you. They don't ask very much about you or your history. It's all about explaining the company and what you're expected to do.