New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Lengthy but I like that. It shows they are not just hiring anyone. However, they make you start "working" as if you have been officially hired without finishing their hiring process. Unfortunately, after two months of doing work for them and letting friends and family know that I started working there, they have decided they wouldn't want to go forward because of answers on my application. It was extremely unprofessional. I would advise whoever is applying to make sure they get officially hired before starting putting any work and go to training and marketing yourself. I've never experienced such lack of professionalism and carelessness.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you to reach out to your warm market?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called to go in for interview and dress professionally. I was ready and I research the company with the understanding I'll be working out of Glendale office. When I went in I was ready for at leat an hour interview and I had questions to ask. However, the young lady that interviewed me )later find out is recruiter working part time making $15.00 an hour). She didn't have much to say and I asked her my first quest and she didn't answer my question I asked again and she said that my job to sell insurance and she didn't want to explain to me the pay either. I didn't like the company or what they represent.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask me any questions really. She just said if I know about the them. I said yes and she said about selling insurance and that I have to bring my own leads that was it. Then she said are you interested to work for us and that was it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Orange, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The human resources department emailed me first and sent me an online assessment to see if my personality satisfies their requirements. And then arranged an interview with a partner of their company. I did not continue the interviews since I found I should not be the right person to sale something to other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Within 12 hours of uploading my resume to GlassDoor, I had 5 emails from their search-bots. I also received one phone call. I'm a network engineer with over 25 years of experience. Supposedly they found my background and experience appealing. Hopefully GlassDoor will take steps to eliminate these bottom-feeders from the site.

Interview Questions

• Please take this "POP Screen"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Tucson, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The guy was full of himself, said they interview 500 people a year and only hire 3 or 4. Didn't tell me much about the company just was saying you can make money if your determined

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was essentially me talking about myself for thirty minutes. He asked me what I wanted to do and when I told him that I was still thinking abut a role as a financial analyst he tried to convince me to join sales. At the end of the interview I asked him what the key to success was working sales at NYL. He responded by telling me that what made him successful was selling to his friends parents. This completely turned me off to working sales at NYL.

Interview Questions

• If I walked up to a group of your friends and asked about you what would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Professional environment. Friendly feel. I got an interview with a manager and had a long process. I even had to go out and buy a full black suit just for the interview. As we went through the process things were starting to feel awkward. I had to do a survey on their computer which told them the type of person I am I guess. When the results pulled up the manager had an odd look. He then gave me a package and wanted some references. I waited for months and til this day haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to New York Life   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Fairport, NY).

Interview

This is a three part interview process. I have only completed the first step which was a 1/2 hour "interview" where they tell you about the job. At the end of it I had to take a personality test (which I think is available on their website) to see if I had similar answers to their top performers. If I pass that part I will be invited back for the second, longer, interview that focuses on compensation & benefits. I am not sure what the third would involve.

Interview Questions

• Briefly asked about me. Mostly talked about the company and the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked some personality questions and given a lot of useful information about the company. I am going to be speaking with my recruiter on Monday and hopefully have a second interview same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of a salesman?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy. The first 15 minutes, I spoke about my personality and college experience. The last 15 minutes, my interviewer spoke about the company and the sales position. Lastly, a personality test was assigned with basic situation questions. The entire process took two weeks with three interviews. Research on New York Life Company is required, and the interviewer will ask pertinent questions.