New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Professional environment. Friendly feel. I got an interview with a manager and had a long process. I even had to go out and buy a full black suit just for the interview. As we went through the process things were starting to feel awkward. I had to do a survey on their computer which told them the type of person I am I guess. When the results pulled up the manager had an odd look. He then gave me a package and wanted some references. I waited for months and til this day haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to New York Life   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Orange, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The human resources department emailed me first and sent me an online assessment to see if my personality satisfies their requirements. And then arranged an interview with a partner of their company. I did not continue the interviews since I found I should not be the right person to sale something to other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month. First interview with a partner, second was a compensation meeting where they make you believe you can earn six figures in first year. Third interview was more difficult, but still got an offer to start training. They have high turnover so will hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with the branch manager. The first one was with him and his assistant that allowed us to get to know each other and tell me about the company. The second was more in depth about the job and questions I had. The final interview was more about how compensation works and why I should work for them.

Interview Questions

• If someone that knew you was asked to describe you using five adjectives what would the be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (East Syracuse, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Was a series of multiple interviews and each level they brought you back, they tried to further break you down each time. Basically saying come back to the last interview with 100 names and numbers that you could sell a policy too. Basically giving them a 100 hot leads they can work on whether you work there or not. Pretty much a waste of time. Because they said you start with nothing, have nothing and need to rely on them to sell to your friends and family. But only after me, the agent, pretty much convinces my family and friends prior. Its a scam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I got connected by email and then had a quick phone conversation to set up an interview. I went to go meet him at his office and had the interview in his office. It was a good interview and was very laid back. The only thing that I did not like is that at one point when I was giving him an answer, I noticed he was looking at his phone. I was not very happy about this so that is one of the reasons that I declined the position. He seemed to mostly just talk about how much money I would make which was nice but I am looking for more than that from a company. Seemed like there was so gray areas there that he was not addressing. Overall, it was a good experience but just not what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the hardest thing about insurance sales?   2 Answers

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in August 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview. Went over the company and its long history. Went over the process to becoming an agent and was given a tour. He went over the expectations, training program and why he picked my resume. He was very friendly and put me at ease. I really felt at ease.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in a company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The first interview was very informational about the company giving all of the advantages, the second interview is all about yourself and you tell them about who you are and why you would be good for the company, the third is the overall system and how it works.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself, it is very communication based and they offer great training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Tucson, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The guy was full of himself, said they interview 500 people a year and only hire 3 or 4. Didn't tell me much about the company just was saying you can make money if your determined

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was long. Your interview will be with the MP. He wil ask you the basic interview questions. Just be yourself during the interview and answer all questions. Come prepared with questions about the company. Be prepared to take a profile test. Also, if they offer you a contract make sure you fully understand it before you accept it. Very nice office.