New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in August 2016.

Interview

Excellent interview. Went over the company and its long history. Went over the process to becoming an agent and was given a tour. He went over the expectations, training program and why he picked my resume. He was very friendly and put me at ease. I really felt at ease.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for in a company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Tucson, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The guy was full of himself, said they interview 500 people a year and only hire 3 or 4. Didn't tell me much about the company just was saying you can make money if your determined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with regards of a job opening for Customer Support position, she submitted my application to NYL. The next day I received a call from the NYL partner. We talked about what I am looking for and he emailed me the 2 test (one for the ability to communicate with customers via telephone and chat; the other - a personality test) that I needed to pass. The next week we agreed on a face to face interview, very beautiful building, very professional. Then I watched a presentation about the company history and the sales process. It took an hour to cover all the information, very helpful and informative. That was when I understood that the opening was for an insurance sales agent and not the position that I initially had in mind.

Eventually I said that I need time to think about the offer, as it wasn't really what I was looking for. Still thinking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was essentially me talking about myself for thirty minutes. He asked me what I wanted to do and when I told him that I was still thinking abut a role as a financial analyst he tried to convince me to join sales. At the end of the interview I asked him what the key to success was working sales at NYL. He responded by telling me that what made him successful was selling to his friends parents. This completely turned me off to working sales at NYL.

Interview Questions

• If I walked up to a group of your friends and asked about you what would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Montgomery, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Professional environment. Friendly feel. I got an interview with a manager and had a long process. I even had to go out and buy a full black suit just for the interview. As we went through the process things were starting to feel awkward. I had to do a survey on their computer which told them the type of person I am I guess. When the results pulled up the manager had an odd look. He then gave me a package and wanted some references. I waited for months and til this day haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to New York Life   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

interview process is broad, vague, and is cohesive.
    They get their leads from LinkedIn website, and other job boards, they call you "Hey were with a fortune 100 company come to interview"
    It starts with a group interview "Who wants to work for for no pay?" After a 3
    Second round interview it's one on one with a district coordinator. I haven't actually heard of anyone who is like "I wanted to work for NewYorkLife but didn't get the job after the interview" they hire more people than they can reasonably train, and only support the individuals who buy their products or who get their family and friends to buy.

Interview Questions

• This job is commission only. Are you willing to work for commission only?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The first interview was very informational about the company giving all of the advantages, the second interview is all about yourself and you tell them about who you are and why you would be good for the company, the third is the overall system and how it works.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself, it is very communication based and they offer great training.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Overland Park, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

Walked in for Appt ,
    Office was very nice, Receptionist was curtious ,
    Migrated to the Board room for a 1 on 1 with a lead Partner / Sales Manager who was very curtious as well. Interview was very laid back yet professional, Perfect mix if you ask me !! They seem to have a really good culture here ,by the end of my first interview they actually showed me around while introducing me to current employees , then Partner asked if I would like to sit in on a training class and listen for a bit to see if I was still interested !! No pressure open Interview and very welcoming !!!

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in this Job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not at that point yet

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in November 2015.

Interview

The salary base it is just by commission and you got to have a prospect's list otherwise you are going to try to find people on your own, so that was the main reason.

Interview Questions

The same reason from the hiring process, specifically the salary base model.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Interview

basic interview questions that most people would ask, such as describe a time where you faced a challenge, tell me about yourself, etc. Very relaxed and overall a great interview process.