New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my first interview. Everything went smoothly. I was asked some personality questions and given a lot of useful information about the company. I am going to be speaking with my recruiter on Monday and hopefully have a second interview same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of a salesman?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy. The first 15 minutes, I spoke about my personality and college experience. The last 15 minutes, my interviewer spoke about the company and the sales position. Lastly, a personality test was assigned with basic situation questions. The entire process took two weeks with three interviews. Research on New York Life Company is required, and the interviewer will ask pertinent questions.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I met with the interviewer and we discussed her background, my background, and how the company helps its agents succeed. We also briefly talked about how the compensation works but there is another meeting for that that occurs a week or so after the initial interview. Finally I was taken to another office to fill out a basic application that took about 10 minutes.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. We introduced ourselves. He indirectly asked our background. The recruiter introduced himself and gave a sales pitch for a job position I didn't apply for. It was interesting. I wasn't quite sure if I was a prospective employee or client.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

It seemed like Everything that was done is for the purpose of getting more contacts. 2 hour interview where the hiring manager refused to tell us Salary and benefits until the next interview...could grow old before I found out the important details. They wanted references + 3 others people's information (I think so they could pitch the job to more people).

Interview Questions

Because the hiring manager kept stressing how much money ($170,000) we would make it made me think that it was going to be not even near that amount. Something didn't feel right.

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Dimas, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Talk with a partner (manager). The conversation goes into the history of New York LIfe and its strengths. Some background information is shared by the partner and his/her history with the company. From there, they will being to ask you few behavioral questions to see if this job is suited for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview to begin. My interviewer asked me strange questions about my family history and my family's household income. I didn't appreciate that too much at all and thought it was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job and aren't you doing that?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after attending a job fair. The recruiter was engaging and extremely positive about his experience and success at New York Life. We covered some parts of my resume, but not extensively. I got some vague answers about what my training or experience as an agent would entail. I took a computer assesment test asking about what I thought sales people and insurance procedures. The recruiter told me I scored in the top ten percent and would do well as a salesperson. I came back for a group interview which explained compensation benefits which was a bit confusing because another recruiter got the figures mixed up. No other contact after that meeting.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.