New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

2.4

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I waited an extra 20 minutes for my interview to begin. My interviewer asked me strange questions about my family history and my family's household income. I didn't appreciate that too much at all and thought it was inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job and aren't you doing that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after attending a job fair. The recruiter was engaging and extremely positive about his experience and success at New York Life. We covered some parts of my resume, but not extensively. I got some vague answers about what my training or experience as an agent would entail. I took a computer assesment test asking about what I thought sales people and insurance procedures. The recruiter told me I scored in the top ten percent and would do well as a salesperson. I came back for a group interview which explained compensation benefits which was a bit confusing because another recruiter got the figures mixed up. No other contact after that meeting.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first one was consists of a personality test and a take-home questionnaire. The second one asked me to take home another booklet and questionnaires for family and friends. The third one I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional, from the very beginning until its conclusion. The interviewer answered all of my post-interview questions and made sure everything was completely clarified. The company seemed like a great place to work for, unfortunately given that I am an international student I was not extended the position. If you are in my same situation do not waste your time as you will not be hired no matter how qualified you are, that would be my only complaint.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter and said they saw my resume on monster and want to conduct an interview at their local office. Then I went to the local office, one of a manger interviewed me with simple questions and then asked to do a personality test. After the test, I got a call from them and said there will be a group interview that will last for one and half hours. They went through all the process and gave detailed information regrading the company and benefit.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

3 part process that was very informative and let interviewer know what he was looking for in me. Some things covered we personal experinces and how we can relate them to task that will be presented later in my career

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month. First interview with a partner, second was a compensation meeting where they make you believe you can earn six figures in first year. Third interview was more difficult, but still got an offer to start training. They have high turnover so will hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long meeting, not really a interview. More of them just talking at you. They took more than 2 hours selling us the company and history. It was very very odd.

Interview Questions

• They gave a us a personality survey on our phones which was very word.   Answer Question