New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first one was consists of a personality test and a take-home questionnaire. The second one asked me to take home another booklet and questionnaires for family and friends. The third one I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional, from the very beginning until its conclusion. The interviewer answered all of my post-interview questions and made sure everything was completely clarified. The company seemed like a great place to work for, unfortunately given that I am an international student I was not extended the position. If you are in my same situation do not waste your time as you will not be hired no matter how qualified you are, that would be my only complaint.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter and said they saw my resume on monster and want to conduct an interview at their local office. Then I went to the local office, one of a manger interviewed me with simple questions and then asked to do a personality test. After the test, I got a call from them and said there will be a group interview that will last for one and half hours. They went through all the process and gave detailed information regrading the company and benefit.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

3 part process that was very informative and let interviewer know what he was looking for in me. Some things covered we personal experinces and how we can relate them to task that will be presented later in my career

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month. First interview with a partner, second was a compensation meeting where they make you believe you can earn six figures in first year. Third interview was more difficult, but still got an offer to start training. They have high turnover so will hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long meeting, not really a interview. More of them just talking at you. They took more than 2 hours selling us the company and history. It was very very odd.

Interview Questions

• They gave a us a personality survey on our phones which was very word.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life in April 2015.

Interview

Interview could take up to 6 face-to-face interviews if you're unlucky, less if you're good at interviewing. I recommend being aggressive with your answers, personality, and follow up. The interview process involves summation of the job description and how you will be compensated. You will be prompted to ask questions about anything that is told to you. Asking questions is strongly advised. Buyer Beware: ask how long it will be until you are compensated; what the stipulations of getting compensated are; who/ what/ and when you can trigger your full time contract.

Interview Questions

• What is something we don't yet know about you that could change our views of you in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

It was very easy, consisted of a few brief interviews on multiple different days. They had easy questions, about life future and what you want from the company, why your an asset ect. Its a revolving door, they will pretty much hire anyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (North Bethesda, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview and most of the people who were there didn't even know anything about the position. The entire interview took more than one hour and I had to pay for parking.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of questions, besides the name and a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question