New York Life Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.4

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a one step process with only a behavioral interview. I went into the Baltimore office and interviewed with the hiring manager there. She was very easy to talk to and stuck to asking strictly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly lengthy process. Applied in December, interviewed in March, and received my office a few weeks afterwards. Questions were pretty straightforward and were basically all behavioral. Asked the typical questions - Why New York Life? What do you know about New York Life?What's going on in the economy? Several "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about New York Life?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

My first round of interviews was a phone interview. The call was very casual and was based on getting to know me. They asked basic questions about where I attend school and how I am involved on campus and in my past jobs. I had time at the end of the call to ask my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your comfort level on a scale of 1-10 with using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, excel, and access?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and took around one month all-together. Laid back interview process to get to know the company more in depth and to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What were your thoughts on your way here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Very lengthy. I had many interviews. It is not like a typical interview, they show you a lot of power points and remind you on how New York Life is the premier leader in insurance. It's a solid company to work for though.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to have unlimited earnings potential and travel whenever you want?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews were conducted with multiple groups and individuals, including an off-campus lunch interview. The process lasted from morning to early afternoon. There was not much downtime--be prepared to interact on a near-continuous basis. Some questions dealt with academics, career interest, personality, and location preferences. All level of current employees participated.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: explain your campus involvement and any associated leadership roles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. Mostly personality and leadership questions, and elaborations on my resume. I had a phone interview with HR and a week later had a second phone interview with someone from the actual department I applied to. Both interviewers were very friendly and gave positive feedback.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2016.

Interview

First interview covers general information about interviewee, second and third cover specific job functions, and compensation. By the end of the first interview, I knew I would be offered the position. From there on, the process was more about educating me on the company, and my specific role. One test to see if you are a "true salesman" and a background check.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interview rounds. Mostly behavioral questions and finance questions like why do you want to work for New York Life and give your opinion of the current economy. You will also be given homework assignments to determine if you get the job or not. Overall, a good experience and easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a month and a half after I applied I heard back for a phone interview. From there there was an interview in the home office at New York City. Had about 4-5 interviews back to back including a "lunch interview". A couple of days later I heard I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about myself. A couple of questions on NYL's products.   Answer Question