New York Life Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Intern Interview Questions

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. Mostly personality and leadership questions, and elaborations on my resume. I had a phone interview with HR and a week later had a second phone interview with someone from the actual department I applied to. Both interviewers were very friendly and gave positive feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a month and a half after I applied I heard back for a phone interview. From there there was an interview in the home office at New York City. Had about 4-5 interviews back to back including a "lunch interview". A couple of days later I heard I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about myself. A couple of questions on NYL's products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New Brunswick, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through school's career site, heard back within 2-3 weeks to schedule an on campus interview. Reviewed resume and they told me about how competitive the process is, and how the internship seeks to develop future leaders in the company. First guy was a random employee, then he switched with another guy who actually managed the program. Mentioned mentorship and networking being important and a focus as well.

Interview Questions

• When have you demonstrated leadership?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if someone in your group was not working hard?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about New York Life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Got a phone interview, did not get the offer, was asked pretty difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• had to explain very technical stuff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Mobile, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Was a phone interview for an actuarial internship. VEry basic predictable questions. However,I did not receive the internship because I had not passed any actuarial exams. They petty much require you to have passed at least one.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was very basic. He asked me questions about myself and my past experiences. He asked me if I had any experience in the life insurance business and he said no. He also asked me why I wanted to work in the insurance industry. I was asked to talk about myself and ask him questions at the end of the interview. He made me feel like I got the job even though I was not offered another interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2009.

Interview

My interviewer was very persistent and did not allow me enough time for responses. She was very rude and at times, stated that I would not get the position. But New York Life usually initiates a phone interview with all applicants. I highly recommend treating the phone interview like an actual interview