New York Life Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.4

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

My first round of interviews was a phone interview. The call was very casual and was based on getting to know me. They asked basic questions about where I attend school and how I am involved on campus and in my past jobs. I had time at the end of the call to ask my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your comfort level on a scale of 1-10 with using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, excel, and access?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and took around one month all-together. Laid back interview process to get to know the company more in depth and to see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What were your thoughts on your way here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Very lengthy. I had many interviews. It is not like a typical interview, they show you a lot of power points and remind you on how New York Life is the premier leader in insurance. It's a solid company to work for though.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to have unlimited earnings potential and travel whenever you want?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews were conducted with multiple groups and individuals, including an off-campus lunch interview. The process lasted from morning to early afternoon. There was not much downtime--be prepared to interact on a near-continuous basis. Some questions dealt with academics, career interest, personality, and location preferences. All level of current employees participated.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: explain your campus involvement and any associated leadership roles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. Mostly personality and leadership questions, and elaborations on my resume. I had a phone interview with HR and a week later had a second phone interview with someone from the actual department I applied to. Both interviewers were very friendly and gave positive feedback.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2016.

Interview

First interview covers general information about interviewee, second and third cover specific job functions, and compensation. By the end of the first interview, I knew I would be offered the position. From there on, the process was more about educating me on the company, and my specific role. One test to see if you are a "true salesman" and a background check.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

3 interview rounds. Mostly behavioral questions and finance questions like why do you want to work for New York Life and give your opinion of the current economy. You will also be given homework assignments to determine if you get the job or not. Overall, a good experience and easy interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a month and a half after I applied I heard back for a phone interview. From there there was an interview in the home office at New York City. Had about 4-5 interviews back to back including a "lunch interview". A couple of days later I heard I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about myself. A couple of questions on NYL's products.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

On campus interview at first, then brought in for super day interviews. Multiple interviews but with mostly behavioral questions and basic finance questions like give your opinion on the direction of the economy.

Interview Questions

• Give your opinion on the economy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very annoying. They first called me an hour after I applied online, but they wouldn't tell me over the phone how much I would be making, being that it was commission based. After "failing" their personality test, I convinced the guy that the test was wrong and that I was an ideal candidate. I was invited to a second interview which was a group setting, but I declined to go back since they wanted me to finish school part-time on a non-guaranteed salary.