New York Life Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviews were conducted with multiple groups and individuals, including an off-campus lunch interview. The process lasted from morning to early afternoon. There was not much downtime--be prepared to interact on a near-continuous basis. Some questions dealt with academics, career interest, personality, and location preferences. All level of current employees participated.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrasing: explain your campus involvement and any associated leadership roles.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2009.

Interview

My interviewer was very persistent and did not allow me enough time for responses. She was very rude and at times, stated that I would not get the position. But New York Life usually initiates a phone interview with all applicants. I highly recommend treating the phone interview like an actual interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

My first round of interviews was a phone interview. The call was very casual and was based on getting to know me. They asked basic questions about where I attend school and how I am involved on campus and in my past jobs. I had time at the end of the call to ask my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your comfort level on a scale of 1-10 with using Microsoft word, PowerPoint, excel, and access?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a month and a half after I applied I heard back for a phone interview. From there there was an interview in the home office at New York City. Had about 4-5 interviews back to back including a "lunch interview". A couple of days later I heard I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about myself. A couple of questions on NYL's products.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

On campus interview at first, then brought in for super day interviews. Multiple interviews but with mostly behavioral questions and basic finance questions like give your opinion on the direction of the economy.

Interview Questions

• Give your opinion on the economy   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New Orleans, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

I went to the primary office and had an initial talk with the receptionist. I then waited in the lobby for a senior associate to come out. I then went to the Senior Associate's office and talked about my schooling, my kin, etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Met the partner at a career fair and got signed up for an interview the next morning. Initial interview was very informative about the company, office, and position. A second interview was scheduled immediately two days later. More extensive interview, lasted about an hour. A third interview was to be scheduled at my convenience and interest.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through university career website, approved for interview request. Interview was simple, nothing really surprising, mostly behavioral questions. Called in for 2nd round interview at NY HQ. Orientation, lunch meet and greet, 5 one-on-one interviews for the duration of 4 hours. Mostly behavioral questions, with some specificity to the insurance industry.

Interview Questions

• What is statutory accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't budge on salary since housing is provided at a local university

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Mobile, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

Was a phone interview for an actuarial internship. VEry basic predictable questions. However,I did not receive the internship because I had not passed any actuarial exams. They petty much require you to have passed at least one.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, the first with an HR representatives and the second with the person who later became my boss. The second interview with the boss was mainly about personality and skill set and your ability to mesh well with the group or department wishing to hire you as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you out of all of the people applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about experiences you have had working in groups and being a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation