New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,035 Interview Reviews

2.4

1,035 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The interview makes it clear that it is commission only, but they make it a point to say how much you can make per sale. However, by the time you can get certified to sell the basic life and health insurance, you will be out of money for months. Make sure to understand how long it takes to make a first sale before jumping into it.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could make your own book of business right away.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Personable, enjoyable - just long. Walked you through the company and the position - wasn't really a interview setting, more so just a conversation which made it easy and more personable.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Not too hard, have to follow a fairly long presentation, and and answer a long questionnaire. They seem very genuine about the employees and want them to do well but it's not for everyone.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Got it through a friend, great interview, typical questions, didn't accept. Seemed to be a good place to start a career but I wasn't looking to do that at the time, was gonna go back to school

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that this job/ company is a fit for you?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Two interviews - one in Westchester followed by a second in NYC. Weeks passed without any response to emails to HR. Eventually got a response and an offer but it was too low and no room to negotiate. Between that and the poor HR experience I declined.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. How experience in current role would apply.   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I got a phone interview the very next day after my application. The interviewer is very kind and detail orientated. Questions are mainly about the requirements listed in the post and background.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of education?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Unorganized, and lengthy. The company hasn't done much hiring from outside sources. They like to move people around from within. It makes new hires feel like trespassers. They used one of my (2)interviews as a training guide.

Interview Questions

• Do you like short work weeks (37.5 hours)?   2 Answers

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Contacted over linkedin and brought in for a couple of interviews. Both of which included personality tests as well as a questionnaire. The first meeting was the bulk of the interview, and the second meeting went over the benefits and what the process would be if I am hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working on a commission based income?   1 Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was given an interview at the GHC where I spoke with a friendly representative who asked behavioral questions, and projects I had on my resume. Afterwards I got a call from an HR rep who asked some standard questions about what I'm looking for in a job, also super friendly. I had an on-site interview later with a few higher ups in the technology department. Mostly conceptual questions and a few technical questions about OOP, fairly easy. I also talked with a few HR reps on-site. Everyone was very friendly, seemed to love working there, and I would have taken the job if it paid more.

Interview Questions

• What are the principles of object oriented programming?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Recruiter basically just bragged about the company and gave snarky remarks about other companies. Didn't provide too much detail on the job. He just emphasized you could make a lot of money and made it seem too easy.

Interview Questions

• Could you attract 50+ clients   1 Answer