New York Life Recruitment Coordinator -Temporary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Recruitment Coordinator -Temporary Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Recruitment Coordinator -Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I had learned of the position via a recruiter I had signed up with. She was able to set me up for an interview and I met with 3 of the recruitment staff. The interview went well, but they decided I didn't have enough experience (they weren't specific as to exactly what experience I lacked) to fill the position. That's fine. It was a pretty average interview, as it went. What prompted me to write a review is that ever since the interview (which was just two days after Easter), I've gotten no less than a dozen calls and emails from different recruiters who had found me via database mining about this same position. At first it was amusing, but after the 6th call from a random recruiter who had this great position, it's become incredibly annoying. It seems like a really drawn out search for a position that's only going to last until the end of the year! It's truly not a hard position to fill, but when a dozen or so different staffing agencies keep coming up with the same names (mine in particular), it appears that they're looking for the fabled purple squirrel. I can understand it's an employers' market, but really now!

I haven't a problem with not getting the job but it's pretty irritating hearing again and again about how I'm a good fit for a position that I was already passed over for. It's like having random friends who say I'm a good match for a guy who dumped me and keep trying to get us together.