New York Life Summer Sales Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Summer Intern (Life Insurance Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Providence, RI) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online via the summer internship in life insurance sales website--only had to submit a resume and some minor details about myself. Was contacted some time later by telephone by a secretary who said a recruiting manager had received my resume and was interested in interviewing me. I set up an appointment to meet in person. It consisted on a 1 on 1 interview, during which she asked me very simple, straightforward questions like why I wanted to work there. It was very friendly. She then assembled a packet of info for me, told me I'd have to take a personality test (which she mentioned was NOT a deal breaker), and set up another time for me for a second interview which she mentioned was informational (the first must have been a behavioral assessment). After the second part of the interview, was offered the job. I later declined due to the job demands. The internship in itself is not a normal internship; it is not only for the summer, is not paid hourly, and supervision/guidance in the field itself (like shadowing a real agent) does not happen. You are basically thrown in, and expected to be able to swim.

Interview Questions