New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,135 Interview Reviews

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Campus Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The interview process had three rounds. Two technical rounds to test the knowledge of technologies mentioned in the resume. Both the technical rounds will have at least 2 programming questions related to data-structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

• Will not disclose because of agreement   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Interview

may rolls, not interesting, no basic salary

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Actuarial Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview, what do you want to be an actuary, why do you want to work for NYL, and tell me example about your experience with using Excel.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Everything went smoothly - no questions were too out of the ordinary. Definitely get the sense that they're selling you their company instead of the other way around.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I was first contacted and had a basic interview with the recruiter. This went fine and then I was scheduled for a second interview with the branch manager. This was a different interview than I normally have. They were trying to sell the company to me and not the other way around. After this I had another interview / informational meeting because the second one was with another employee not the manager because he was busy.

Interview

Nothing too complicated. A few behavioral questions and a short survey thing. Three interviews with the final interview being a managing partner

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

First phone interview was basic and lasted about 30 minutes. No difficult questions, mainly behavioral. Second phone interview was more technical and lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed leadership skills and failed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The first step if I remember correctly is a phone interview. Secondly, there is a one on one interview with the managing partner. The questions are pretty generic such as where have you previously worked, why do you want to intern at New York Life, what is your favorite class and why...etc

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The initial interview was with the Managing Partner, and the Human Resources Manager. It was essentially a "get to know you" interview, in which I assume they were simply determining whether or not my personality was a good fit for the company. They gave me a Personality Test to complete, as well as a list of questions regarding my life goals to answer and bring back upon my second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals over the next 3-5 years, both financially and personally?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The phone and in-person interviews were very conversational, getting-to-know-you. I met with the supervisor 3 times probably because the supervisor had some other interviews scheduled and our interview ran for too long.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't difficult at all. The supervisor just talked about a situation and ask you to share your opinion.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It was more of a sales pitch then anything else. They tell you what you're going to be doing and why its such a great job, the truth is there are 5 other companies within 10 miles that will hire you to do the exact same thing. These jobs are 100% commission based and cost the company almost nothing to hire you on. The interview was pretty laid back though, nice people. If I was interested in selling investment plans and life insurance, Id work there.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your best friend 5 characteristics that describe you, what would they be?   Answer Question

Not interested in 100% commission job