New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,018 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was easy and simple. The hardest part was filling all the out paperwork for the temp agency. The interview was quick the questions were easy comfortable and I was not nervous. Mainly because I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NYL?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Contacted over linkedin and brought in for a couple of interviews. Both of which included personality tests as well as a questionnaire. The first meeting was the bulk of the interview, and the second meeting went over the benefits and what the process would be if I am hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working on a commission based income?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process literately took forever.... (3 weeks to be exact and that was only round 2 ). The 1st interview was with a recruiter who was very nice and welcoming and made it seem like working for their company would be the best thing ever. However, after it was over she assigned me homework... Literally. The 1st assignment was to get 10 references... not 2 or 3.... 10 . They did not have to be professional they actually preferred it to be personal. after you completed that you'd have to read an entire booklet about N.Y.L and its history, products and their expectations of you. After you finished that you would have to complete another "self assessment" which has to be handed in during your second round interview. During the 1st round they briefly talked about salary information saying that the average is anywhere from $40,000-60,000 a year (entirely commission based ).

The second round interview now I had to wait 2 weeks to schedule ... I got there 10 min early and the guy was literately 25 min late because he was with a client . He Printed out my 1st online self assessment along with a script I'm supposed to follow and a bunch of more information about the company. He explained the salary in more details however the numbers were greatly different saying that the average is now $70,000- 80,000 in the 1st year and explained the league of averages and how it works out. When hes done rambling in circles about the same thing over and over again he finally ask me a few questions which i answered well . After our interview was over he gave me more ... you guessed it! Homework. this assignment now was to get 3 people to actually come in to the office be signed up for New York life( this is where your 10 references come in) . This did not work for me because i recently moved to Atlanta and none of my references could realistically come in. Id have to wait another 2 weeks to schedule another appointment and at that point i decided to terminate my interviewing process. Its very long and daunting. I did not graduate college to go back and do more homework. I did not enjoy. I would rate this entire process a 2 out of 5 stars. Not worth the time wasted.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. First there was an introductory interview with personality/compatibility quiz. Then the second interview went over a day/month/year in the life of an agent that ended with being given some homework which included a market survey questionnaire. Finally, the third interview talk about career path and compensation which ended in an offer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Cherry Hill, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a fairly quick focused on getting to know NY Life and expectations as well as filling out paperwork. Second Interview focused on the explanation of the business plan and products that NY Life has to offer.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Two interviews - one in Westchester followed by a second in NYC. Weeks passed without any response to emails to HR. Eventually got a response and an offer but it was too low and no room to negotiate. Between that and the poor HR experience I declined.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses. How experience in current role would apply.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Unorganized, and lengthy. The company hasn't done much hiring from outside sources. They like to move people around from within. It makes new hires feel like trespassers. They used one of my (2)interviews as a training guide.

Interview Questions

• Do you like short work weeks (37.5 hours)?   2 Answers

Life Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application, follow by two in person interview. The interview is very long with a lot of legal checking like three year of tax return copies, last salaries and commission veifications

Interview Questions

• Job experience, business plan and Project 200   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a long process. The first day they ask all about you, then talk about the company and give you a test to see if you can continue pursuing a career with NYL. Next time they ask more about you then you learn more about what NYL sells and how they do it. Gave up after this as it did not seem right for me

Interview Questions

• Name someone close to you and how would they describe you in 3 words   1 Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was given an interview at the GHC where I spoke with a friendly representative who asked behavioral questions, and projects I had on my resume. Afterwards I got a call from an HR rep who asked some standard questions about what I'm looking for in a job, also super friendly. I had an on-site interview later with a few higher ups in the technology department. Mostly conceptual questions and a few technical questions about OOP, fairly easy. I also talked with a few HR reps on-site. Everyone was very friendly, seemed to love working there, and I would have taken the job if it paid more.

Interview Questions

• What are the principles of object oriented programming?   1 Answer