New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,011 Interview Reviews

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called to go in for interview and dress professionally. I was ready and I research the company with the understanding I'll be working out of Glendale office. When I went in I was ready for at leat an hour interview and I had questions to ask. However, the young lady that interviewed me )later find out is recruiter working part time making $15.00 an hour). She didn't have much to say and I asked her my first quest and she didn't answer my question I asked again and she said that my job to sell insurance and she didn't want to explain to me the pay either. I didn't like the company or what they represent.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask me any questions really. She just said if I know about the them. I said yes and she said about selling insurance and that I have to bring my own leads that was it. Then she said are you interested to work for us and that was it.   1 Answer

New York Life Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Bridgewater, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (East Bridgewater, MA).

Interview

Four rounds of interviews; they want to know if you look and smell nice and can represent the company in an excellent light. They really don't want you schlepping insurance and Annuities to your family, but they do want you to grow your network exponentially; the interviews are designed to see if you have ability to get new leads and can wheel and deal with anybody; smart sharp people

Interview Questions

• Can you relate to people, or how do you relate to people, ie family, colleagues and strangers   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, you make nothing unless you sell. You don't get any commissions until you reach a certain initial target point. Everybody achieves this in 1-2 sales (yourself and a family member).

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a first round phone interview and it was a very laid back and easy process. I interviewed with someone that was not from HR and that was actually part of the financial planning team and it was a great experience. He was a young guy, a year out of college and a nice guy. The questions were all FIT and it was mainly used as a way to get to know me better.

Financial Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

They contacted me by email and then called to set up an interview. I interviewed at NY Life in Glendale, CA. They made me wait 30 min just to start the interview and then they asked me if I was comfortable making cold calls and if you have a lot of friends and family around, probably because they don't give you a list of clients or anything like it and expect you to sell to your friends and family first. The manager talked about his path in the company and how he was broke and earned a lot of money after he got there. They basically try to show you that you will drive a porsche if you sell a lot. After that there was a personality test. I am glad I didn't move forward.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening that took about one hour; an interview with the recruiter that was personable but not to probing, a background check, and a follow up interview with the manager. Neither interview was a situation and action format. The second interview was more informative than anything else.

Interview Questions

• What kind of collaborative teams have you led?   2 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an email invitation to apply for the job through ZipRecruiter. An interview was scheduled two days after using 1-Click Apply to submit my resume. The interviewer was a partner trying to build his team. After interview, I was asked to fill a questionnaire on computer for personality test.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Bloomington, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was thorough. Hiring process includes about 5-6 interviews and getting to know the company. I was introduced to some of the people in the office and welcomed to the culture.

Interview Questions

• What kind of a career to you expect to pursue here at New York Life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated work authorization logistics.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Involved 2 different days with top management and a phone conversation. The first day was with head of office the second day was with managing partner and the head of the office. Afterwards a selection process and a phone call if selected.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable selling?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Carmel, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

It was an easy and clear interview. The interview did not take more than 15 minutes. I got an email a week later about not to offer me the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very smooth. Was an all day interview. Went to a team lunch and talk with the team to get to know them and how things run around the office.